Ping rec.gambling.poker Veterans
Irish Ranger
2024-02-20 02:40:45 UTC
Well lads, as Google's support for rec.gambling.poker comes
to an end, I just wanted to tell you I have enjoyed our many conversations.
over the past 20+ years. I don't know if I will try to find another usenet group reader or not but, if any of you do post regularly on another internet site, let me know. In any case, I wish you all the best.

Irish Mike
da pickle
Good luck Mike
BTSinAustin

Oh and one last… knew you couldn’t show.
Mossingen
2024-03-01 16:15:27 UTC
"Irish Ranger" wrote in message news:bb2a8ccb-b349-43c2-bcaa-***@googlegroups.com...

Well lads, as Google's support for rec.gambling.poker comes
to an end, I just wanted to tell you I have enjoyed our many conversations.
over the past 20+ years. I don't know if I will try to find another usenet
group reader or not but, if any of you do post regularly on another internet
site, let me know. In any case, I wish you all the best.

Irish Mike

That's terrible to hear. If we are resurrected somewhere, please let me
know.

This place has been fun over the years, and good luck and good health to
everyone I've met here.
da pickle
2024-03-01 18:01:40 UTC
Post by Irish Ranger
Well lads, as Google's support for rec.gambling.poker comes
to an end, I just wanted to tell you I have enjoyed our many conversations.
over the past 20+ years. I don't know if I will try to find another
usenet group reader or not but, if any of you do post regularly on
another internet site, let me know. In any case, I wish you all the best.
Irish Mike
That's terrible to hear.  If we are resurrected somewhere, please let me
know.
This place has been fun over the years, and good luck and good health to
everyone I've met here.
And for all ... even one ... no new home.
www.avg.com
Bill Vanek
2024-03-07 01:49:40 UTC
Post by Irish Ranger
Well lads, as Google's support for rec.gambling.poker comes
to an end, I just wanted to tell you I have enjoyed our many conversations.
over the past 20+ years. I don't know if I will try to find another usenet
group reader or not but, if any of you do post regularly on another internet
site, let me know. In any case, I wish you all the best.
Irish Mike
That's terrible to hear. If we are resurrected somewhere, please let me
know.
This place has been fun over the years, and good luck and good health to
everyone I've met here.
One of the more amusing things about all this is that Google was originally
responsible for ruining usenet in the early 2000’s by giving access to
every idiot on the planet who just wanted to make noise with zero effort.
Usenet used to take some effort to access, and it was somewhat restricted to
smarter folks who had an actual interest in the topic of the group. I
remember that many of the early users of usenet were kill filing everything
that was posted from Google Groups, and it really improved things for them.
And now we’ve come full circle, but in an odd way. Google has removed
access for lazy, only moderately interested people, which should make it
better, but it has actually come close to finishing off usenet because all of
the serious posters are long gone. Meaning that pretty much everyone is gone
now. Oh well.
Mossingen

Now we have to see who is going to get the last post here. Me!
Bill Vanek
I’m sorry, James, I’m afraid I can’t let that happen...
Mossingen
2024-03-16 20:32:05 UTC
Post by Bill Vanek
Post by Irish Ranger
[...]

------

haha...well, anon1 is horning in as well. I guess RGP had a very good run,
many years of interesting discussion and entertainment for me. I'm glad
Doyle posted here even if for a little bit, and I'll never forget Gary
Carson among many others.

Gary actually moved to a little town here in Oklahoma for a little while and
I met him and his girlfriend and we had a great steak dinner here in OKC.
He was one of the most interesting guys here.

Do we know what happened to BillB? I'd really like to make a proper
farewell to him. Wherever you are Bill, thanks for the discussions and
arguments we had. That goes for everyone who has come and gone over the
years.
da pickle
2024-03-18 16:35:22 UTC
Post by Bill Vanek
Post by Irish Ranger
[...]
Dianne and I just got off a Card Player Cruise out of Galveston. Lots
of great poker and old friends. I am so sorry this group died. I spent
a lot of time enjoying the friends and the fiends.

I have a photo of Dianne sitting on Doyle's lap ... they both enjoyed
it. Gary is also a missing person in our lives. You two are certainly
making reading this group worth the effort ... even if it is too little
effort. Have a great life and have fun too.