PokerStars $500,000 Guaranteed Tournament Results
Joe V (PokerStars.com)
2005-01-31 17:59:13 UTC
1,400 PokerStars players competed in Sunday s monthly $500+30 No-Limit
Texas Hold em tournament, pushing the total prize pool to a whopping
$700,000!

Final table payouts for this event (payouts reflect 5-way deal):

1.  RTFirefly (Barkeley Heights, NJ): $90,000
2.  The Grinder (Hollywood, FL): $89,020
3.  ijsj2003 (Cardiff, United Kingdom): $82,680
4.  LucKat (South Gate, CA): $80,000
5.  FoxyPlayer (Woburn, MA): $58,000
6.  Bryan Bevis (Savage, MN): $30,100
7.  Glenmorangie (Zuerich, Switzerland): $23,100
8.  Reddog133 (Lincoln, NE): $16,100
9.  -BBJ- (Plantation, FL): $10,500

Congratulations to all last week's winners.

Join us this Sunday at 4:30 PM ET for our weekly $200+15 No Limit Texas
Hold em tournament, where you can play for a prize pool of at least
$350,000, guaranteed. Turbo satellites start at $11+R and are going on
now!

Watch Lists, Block Lists, Favorites - http://www.recpoker.com
Mort
2005-01-31 18:08:41 UTC
Joe, you really need to change the structure to the Sunday tourneys.  The
final 50 or so are basically an all-in crapshoot until the final table
when the blinds completely stop increasing.  I think the best way to
accomplish this is by making the 6000/12000 rounds and above 30 minutes
long to give the better players some chance to work their chips. I do
however like the way the blinds stop increasing at 20000/40000 because
usually the best player that happens to make the final table ends up
winning a la Carlos Mortensen, Dan Harrington, and Michael Mizrahi.

Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com
CrackerZack
2005-01-31 18:40:59 UTC
I don't mind their structure actually. It moves a bit fast but there
are usually enough chips in play that the final table has some play.
This one being a 500k instead of a 350k had less which hurt it some.

What i really hate is their stupid 1 chip-2 chip blind structure in the
30 game. Who does this? The got it right in the 15, why not in the 30?
Henry Estes
2005-02-02 13:49:13 UTC
I don't mind their structure actually. It moves a bit fast but there
are usually enough chips in play that the final table has some play.
This one being a 500k instead of a 350k had less which hurt it some.
What i really hate is their stupid 1 chip-2 chip blind structure in the
30 game. Who does this?
What should the structure be?
CrackerZack
2005-02-02 14:00:45 UTC
2/3 chips. 20-30 blinds. Usually its played with $10 chips so its a
2-chip 3-chip structure.

dentcat

Posted using RecPoker.com v2.1 - http://www.recpoker.com
Mort

* New Release: RecPoker.com v2.1 - http://www.recpoker.com
CrackerZack
2005-01-31 18:51:51 UTC
While we're replying, am I the only one that is not seeing any names
next to the numbers above? Is this a google thing today? I've seen a
few other posts with words missing too.
natarem
2005-01-31 18:57:14 UTC
Try reading it on recgroups
CrackerZack
2005-01-31 19:03:36 UTC
That evil websense doesn't allow such things. websense is the spawn of
satan.
Blackwood

natarem
2005-01-31 22:00:23 UTC
Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi

Can often be seen in the 100/200 game on Stars and recently made in to
the WPT final table in Tunica. Also, I believe he won an event at
Bellagio in December... not sure about that, but I know he cash for
about 300K in December at a tournament.
Blackwood
natarem
2005-02-01 15:07:55 UTC
I know the grinder. Was anyone else a famous player that fin­ished top
9?
Not as far as I know.