Your Favourite Player?
Trevor
2005-07-10 23:32:52 UTC
I am new to the Poker scene - my favourite player would be Howard
Lederer, recently watched and enjoyed his poker series on The Poker
Channel in the UK

Trev
--
Liverpool FC Kings Of Europe

1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
IrishFlop

* New Release: RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com
Mr. Poker
The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
thenutlow
2005-07-10 23:52:35 UTC
Post by Mr. Poker
Favorite doesn't have a "u" in it.  Where did you guys in England learn to speak
English?
I beg your pardon? They call it English for a reason you know... if you
guys want to butcher the language and change it, please dont come here and
then claim your revised version is now the official way to spell things
Post by Mr. Poker
Post by Trevor
I am new to the Poker scene - my favourite player would be Howard
Lederer, recently watched and enjoyed his poker series on The Poker
Channel in the UK
Trev
--
Liverpool FC Kings Of Europe
1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
re-re-bluffing with J6 rocks

----
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com
Bryan S. Slick
2005-07-11 00:24:01 UTC
[thenutlow ***@yahoo.com]
[Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:52:35 -0700]

:
:I beg your pardon? They call it English for a reason you know... if you
:guys want to butcher the language and change it, please dont come here and
:then claim your revised version is now the official way to spell things

Each is acceptable, surely.

I find it amusing, though, to see a Brit get some of what we listen to
all the time, particularly online.

"butcher" the language?

Language evolves, sir.. a pity that some cultures don't.
--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
Ian Crorie
2005-07-12 13:14:37 UTC
Post by Bryan S. Slick
[Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:52:35 -0700]
:> Favorite doesn't have a "u" in it. Where did you guys in England learn to
:speak
:> English?
:I beg your pardon? They call it English for a reason you know... if you
:guys want to butcher the language and change it, please dont come here and
:then claim your revised version is now the official way to spell things
Each is acceptable, surely.
I find it amusing, though, to see a Brit get some of what we listen to
all the time, particularly online.
"butcher" the language?
Language evolves, sir.. a pity that some cultures don't.
So your like language evolves and im like biatch and your like hello??
and i'm like jopke

Evolution or devolution? Just don't get me started on "phenom", though
I suppose sports commentators and polysyllabic words don't mix very
well.
Terje A. Bergesen
2005-07-12 03:53:29 UTC
Post by thenutlow
Favorite doesn't have a "u" in it. Where did you guys in England learn to
speak
English?
I beg your pardon? They call it English for a reason you know... if you
guys want to butcher the language and change it, please dont come here and
then claim your revised version is now the official way to spell things
Weird, I thought people on those islands out there in the Atlantic
actually had a sense of humor. Must have been mistaken.
--
+------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
| Terje A. Bergesen | Standing at the limit of an endless ocean |
| | http://terje.bivrost.com |
Phil9
2005-07-11 00:04:14 UTC
Post by Mr. Poker
Favorite doesn't have a "u" in it.  Where did you guys in England learn to speak
English?
Wow, do you know just how stupid you just made yourself look?
Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com
Rich Shipley
2005-07-11 00:38:10 UTC
Post by Phil9
Favorite doesn't have a "u" in it. Where did you guys in England learn to
speak
English?
Wow, do you know just how stupid you just made yourself look?
Yeah, he really has no sense of humor... oh wait, that was someone else.

Rich
arlo payne
2005-07-10 23:59:02 UTC
Arlo Payne of course!

Vote Arlo in 2008 or don't vote at all!
Paid for by the 2008 vote Arlo or don't vote foundation

* New Release: RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com
Bryan S. Slick
2005-07-11 00:24:42 UTC
[arlo payne ***@hotmail.com]
[Sun, 10 Jul 05 23:59:02 GMT]

:Vote Arlo in 2008 or don't vote at all!
:Paid for by the 2008 vote Arlo or don't vote foundation

I won't be voting then. I posted my 4-6 story and you ignored it.

So FU, Arlo!

arlo payne
2005-07-11 00:29:52 UTC
Post by Bryan S. Slick
[Sun, 10 Jul 05 23:59:02 GMT]
:Vote Arlo in 2008 or don't vote at all!
:Paid for by the 2008 vote Arlo or don't vote foundation
I won't be voting then. I posted my 4-6 story and you ignored it.
So FU, Arlo!
--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com
Well hell you ever think I have ot seen it yet?
I can feel the love :)

Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com
Bryan S. Slick
2005-07-11 00:42:24 UTC
[arlo payne ***@hotmail.com]
[Mon, 11 Jul 05 0:29:52 GMT]

:> [arlo payne ***@hotmail.com]
:> [Sun, 10 Jul 05 23:59:02 GMT]
:>
:> :Vote Arlo in 2008 or don't vote at all!
:> :Paid for by the 2008 vote Arlo or don't vote foundation
:>
:> I won't be voting then. I posted my 4-6 story and you ignored it.
:>
:> So FU, Arlo!

:Well hell you ever think I have ot seen it yet?
:I can feel the love :)

I posted it DAYS ago..

..SO FU ARLO!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Me? Driven up a wall to the point of insanity by my kids?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Fedfan
2005-07-11 01:01:42 UTC
Mickey Appleman

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
jarrett40
2005-07-11 02:42:33 UTC
I've asked this question about a hundred times and never gotten an
answer.
Will someone please tell me why their favorite player would be anyone
other than themself?
Does this hero-worship stuff have no bounds?

jarrett40
1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
arlo payne
2005-07-11 03:02:28 UTC
Post by jarrett40
I've asked this question about a hundred times and never gotten an
answer.
Will someone please tell me why their favorite player would be anyone
other than themself?
Does this hero-worship stuff have no bounds?
jarrett40
I hope you did notice mine was "Arlo Payne"!

jjj
2005-07-11 03:09:08 UTC
Phil Ivey,

dude just wants to play poker, that's it. No self-promotion, no DVDs, no
books. Just wants to the money, like me :)

Irish Mike
2005-07-11 03:37:44 UTC
Jessica Simpson. She can't even spell poker but this is my list and I'll
put any one on it that I damn well please.

Irish Mike
2005-07-12 05:19:24 UTC
the olsen twins
w***@yahoo.com
2005-07-12 14:03:34 UTC
Post by jarrett40
I've asked this question about a hundred times and never gotten an
answer.
Will someone please tell me why their favorite player would be anyone
other than themself?
Does this hero-worship stuff have no bounds?
jarrett40
Because poker has become a spectator sport. Lots of the people who have
favorite players do not play poker or not much poker or not much
serious poker.

I am my own favorite player but I like a great many players and have a
tendency to "root for" people I have played with over the years.
However, my favorite other player is my one-year-old great-niece
Heilie. I like it when we have our family NLHE marathons and she sits
in her dads lap, chews on his cards and throws his chips on the floor.
She has STYLE. Besides, he is so bad it improves his game.

Will in New Haven

1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
Bolivar
2005-07-12 14:54:25 UTC
Anybody who busts out Helmuth or Matusow
Will_gamble
2005-07-12 15:36:27 UTC
Gosh your good. Amen.
dd
2005-11-28 19:40:49 UTC
Complex Question

Favorite to pal around with: Daniel Negreanu or Phil Laak
Favorite to learn the Zen of Poker from: Phil Ivey
Favorite to learn to play better from: Ted Forrest
Favorite to have as my little sister: Annie Duke
Favorite to go clubbing with: Antonio Esfandari
Favorite to take to the club: Evelyn Ng
Favorite to go head to head against and bust to the felt with a suck card on
the river: Phil Hellmuth
1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
Irish Mike