OT : Article About Mo in the WSJ Today, Alpha Males
mo_charles
2011-09-13 17:50:44 UTC
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903532804576566553268698820.html

""Whenever you put alpha males together, the most aggressive will
overpower the others," says T. Byram Karasu, the veteran psychiatrist who
has run the sessions for the past 23 years. The fighting is subtle, but
it's vicious. "Even giving advice is geared toward lowering the others'
self-esteem. Those at the lower end of the group come away doubting
themselves, and their testosterone falls. They tell me they can't have sex
for three or four days afterward.""

i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.

mo_charles

Clave
2011-09-13 18:09:17 UTC
"mo_charles" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:***@recgroups.com...

<...>
Post by mo_charles
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
You certainly have an active fantasy life.

Jim
mo_charles
2011-09-13 18:20:50 UTC
Post by Clave
Post by mo_charles
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
You certainly have an active fantasy life.
has any women demeaned herself with your ponytailed idiot ass since 2003,
clave?

mo_charles

Clave
2011-09-13 19:10:29 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by Clave
Post by mo_charles
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
You certainly have an active fantasy life.
has any women demeaned herself with your ponytailed idiot ass since 2003,
clave?
Go obsess over someone else's sex life, you sick freak.

Jim
Beldin the Sorcerer
Jimbo's had sex?
BillB
2011-09-13 19:09:39 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by mo_charles
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
You certainly have an active fantasy life.
I did have a mental picture of mo...but it certainly wasn't an
alpha-male! Did ANYONE picture mo as an alpha-male? lol

Honestly, I always pictured mo as a skinny, pimply little Jewish guy
wearing a food-stained yarmulke and sweatshirt, sitting in a shabby
basement furnished with yardsale-type furniture.

I guess I'm actually picturing a version of a guy I knew when I went to
university in Toronto, but he was almost EXACTLY like mo. He had a
terminal case of Little Man Syndrome, and believe it or not he was
afraid to spell "God" too!
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-13 19:45:40 UTC
No structural racism there, right?
BillB
2011-09-13 19:59:16 UTC
Post by Planet Galaxy
No structural racism there, right?
mo has made no secret of the fact that he really does not care for black
people.

He once told me if I came to Chicago I would "shit my liberal pants"
(referring to his fear of African-Americans). I think he is afraid to go
outside. He said he wants to move to Utah....lol
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-13 20:08:17 UTC
So based upon speculation about mo_charles, you feel completely justified in making a clearly racist anti-semitic remark in response?
BillB
2011-09-13 20:24:49 UTC
Post by Planet Galaxy
So based upon speculation about mo_charles, you feel completely justified in making a clearly racist anti-semitic remark in response?
What did I say that was racist or anti-Semitic? Are you saying that just
the mere *speculation* that mo_ron might be associated with the Jewish
faith is anti-Semitic?

You know, come to think of it, you may have a point. Sorry, Jewish people!
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-13 20:37:58 UTC
Post by BillB
What did I say that was racist or anti-Semitic?
Are you suggesting that when you said

that your were not being anti-Semitic, and not invoking anti-Semitic stereotypes of Jews?
BillB
2011-09-13 20:48:05 UTC
Post by Planet Galaxy
Post by BillB
What did I say that was racist or anti-Semitic?
Are you suggesting that when you said
"Honestly, I always pictured mo as a skinny, pimply little Jewish guy
wearing a food-stained yarmulke and sweatshirt, sitting in a shabby
basement furnished with yardsale-type furniture."
that your were not being anti-Semitic, and not invoking anti-Semitic stereotypes of Jews?
That's a stereotype of Jews? Until mo came along, I only met one Jewish
guy like that in my life, and that was 30 years ago. I thought the
Jewish stereotype was that they had lots of money? Sorry, I obviously
don't keep up to date on this stuff.
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-13 20:58:43 UTC
Maybe there's a lot you don't keep up to date on .. and maybe mo_charles is spot on target when it comes to the credibility of your posts.
BillB
2011-09-13 21:09:13 UTC
You're a tea party guy, right?
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-13 23:23:47 UTC
Sorry, dude, feigning ignorance is not a launchpad to political discussion for me.
BillB
2011-09-14 00:26:48 UTC
Is that a yes?
~M~
2011-09-13 23:37:00 UTC
"Planet Galaxy" wrote in message news:d0039f46-7503-4ac9-8d25-***@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com...

that your were not being anti-Semitic, and not invoking anti-Semitic
stereotypes of Jews?

_________________________

BillBigot doesn't think that's a stereotype. He thinks that is all Jews.
--
“Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?”
- Stephen Wright
mo_charles
2011-09-13 20:24:49 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by Planet Galaxy
No structural racism there, right?
mo has made no secret of the fact that he really does not care for black
people.
He once told me if I came to Chicago I would "shit my liberal pants"
(referring to his fear of African-Americans). I think he is afraid to go
outside. He said he wants to move to Utah....lol
i live in a city that's 40%+ black. i lived in one of the worst black
neighborhoods in this city for four years. what's your experience, bill,
dinner with vancouver's lone ethiopian?

mo_charles

BillB
2011-09-13 20:34:57 UTC
Post by mo_charles
i live in a city that's 40%+ black.
Which you desperately want to leave. Colorado or Utah, right?

Remember I offered to loan you bus fare?

Post by mo_charles
neighborhoods in this city for four years.
Must suck to be poor. Don't you have a wife supporting you now?
Post by mo_charles
what's your experience, bill,
dinner with vancouver's lone ethiopian?
Experience? I don't consider being around people of other races an
"experience," mo. lol Canadians just don't think like that. It's just
skin color, mo. You should really try to get past it.
mo_charles
2011-09-13 20:53:18 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
i live in a city that's 40%+ black.
Which you desperately want to leave. Colorado or Utah, right?
Remember I offered to loan you bus fare?
why would i accept money you stole?
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
i lived in one of the worst black
neighborhoods in this city for four years.
Must suck to be poor. Don't you have a wife supporting you now?
LOL. do you feel sorry for kids at yale too?
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
what's your experience, bill,
dinner with vancouver's lone ethiopian?
Experience? I don't consider being around people of other races an
"experience," mo. lol Canadians just don't think like that. It's just
skin color, mo. You should really try to get past it.
you had no idea that black ethiopian you bragged about dinner with was
actually a black ethiopian!

bill, you're hopelessly naive. go for a jog on the west side, pretend
it's lincoln park lilly-white, see how it works out.

mo_charles

-----
BillB
2011-09-13 21:16:45 UTC
Post by mo_charles
LOL. do you feel sorry for kids at yale too?
I would feel sorry for ANYONE so broke that he had to live in the worst
Black neighborhoods in America. They are basically concentration camps.
Post by mo_charles
you had no idea that black ethiopian you bragged about dinner with was
actually a black ethiopian!
I didn't do any such thing. YOU were saying something to the effect that
I have no idea how bad black people are (a recurring theme with you),
and you do know how they are, because you *live among them.*

Naturally, I had to mention that my next door neighbors are from
Ethiopia, and that they didn't seem to fit with your nightmare stories.
LOL!

Here's the exchange:

MO-RON: "it's possible bill [that I have been picked on by blacks] i
actually live near a few of them. anything else you're completely
ignorant about that you'd like to pretend to be an expert on?"

BillB:
I've never claimed to be any kind of expert on black culture. My new
next door neighbours are Ethiopian. Does that count? I haven't noticed
anything unusual about them ...yet. I'm not trying to shock you, but
they pretty much just seem like run-of-the-mill human beings to me.

And you know what, mo? We've been neighbors for at least a year. I still
haven't noticed any weirdness! What am I missing?
Post by mo_charles
bill, you're hopelessly naive. go for a jog on the west side, pretend
it's lincoln park lilly-white, see how it works out.
mo, I'm a 6'4" 240lb grown man. I am not afraid to jog anywhere. Nobody
has ever tried to fuck with me. Don't project your racial insecurities
on me, you pussy.
mo_charles
2011-09-13 22:17:33 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
LOL. do you feel sorry for kids at yale too?
I would feel sorry for ANYONE so broke that he had to live in the worst
Black neighborhoods in America. They are basically concentration camps.
they're nothing like concentration camps. every adult living in those
neighborhoods is FREE TO LEAVE.
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
[...]
i didn't scream to the world that your neighbor was a black ethiopian, you
did.
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
bill, you're hopelessly naive. go for a jog on the west side, pretend
it's lincoln park lilly-white, see how it works out.
mo, I'm a 6'4" 240lb grown man. I am not afraid to jog anywhere. Nobody
has ever tried to fuck with me. Don't project your racial insecurities
on me, you pussy.
6'1" and 295lbs won't save you on your WALK through the neighborhoods i'm
thinking. four stone-cold killers aren't looking for a wrestling match,
you fucking moron.

mo_charles

--------
BillB
2011-09-13 22:29:27 UTC
Post by mo_charles
i didn't scream to the world that your neighbor was a black ethiopian, you
did.
No mo, but in the previous post you screamed that "I actually live near
a few of them." Is that somehow different?
Post by mo_charles
6'1" and 295lbs won't save you on your WALK through the neighborhoods i'm
thinking. four stone-cold killers aren't looking for a wrestling match,
you fucking moron.
hahaha...poor mo. When he walks by a few black teenagers on the street
he sees "stone cold killers." LOLOL!

Do you run away, mo? Have you ever poo'd your pants?
mo_charles
2011-09-13 22:45:47 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
i didn't scream to the world that your neighbor was a black ethiopian, you
did.
No mo, but in the previous post you screamed that "I actually live near
a few of them." Is that somehow different?
in chicago, black guys aren't mealtime props for racism-crusading cred. i
actually live among black people, bill! AMAZING, isn't it?
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
6'1" and 295lbs won't save you on your WALK through the neighborhoods i'm
thinking. four stone-cold killers aren't looking for a wrestling match,
you fucking moron.
hahaha...poor mo. When he walks by a few black teenagers on the street
he sees "stone cold killers." LOLOL!
Do you run away, mo? Have you ever poo'd your pants?
i cross the street when i see groups of young punks approaching. most
young punks in chicago are black. that's life in the big city, bill!

mo_charles

BillB
2011-09-13 22:55:14 UTC
Post by mo_charles
i cross the street when i see groups of young punks approaching. most
young punks in chicago are black.
OMFG, what a little pussy! This is hilarious.

This has been a very fruitful discussion, mo. Thanks. LOL!

But seriously, when you are (hastily) crossing the street to get away
from the big bad scary black teenagers...have you ever poo'd your pants?
Yes or no?
mo_charles
2011-09-13 23:12:31 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
i cross the street when i see groups of young punks approaching. most
young punks in chicago are black.
OMFG, what a little pussy! This is hilarious.
This has been a very fruitful discussion, mo. Thanks. LOL!
But seriously, when you are (hastily) crossing the street to get away
from the big bad scary black teenagers...have you ever poo'd your pants?
Yes or no?
crossing the street hastily is likely to increase the chance you have a
problem. better to act like you don't give a shit when you do it. a few
big city muggings by guys with knives and guns, and you'll get the hang of
it.

mo_charles

BillB
2011-09-13 23:10:08 UTC
Post by mo_charles
crossing the street hastily is likely to increase the chance you have a
problem. better to act like you don't give a shit when you do it. a few
big city muggings by guys with knives and guns, and you'll get the hang of
it.
haha...mo_ron the *ALPHA-MALE,* crossing back and forth across the
street, because he's afraid of black teenagers! LOL!! Priceless!

How long does it usually take you to walk a block with all that street
crossing, ALPHA MALE?
Clave
2011-09-13 23:50:05 UTC
Post by mo_charles
crossing the street hastily is likely to increase the chance you have a
problem. better to act like you don't give a shit when you do it. a few
big city muggings by guys with knives and guns, and you'll get the hang of
it.
haha...mo_ron the *ALPHA-MALE,* crossing back and forth across the street,
because he's afraid of black teenagers! LOL!! Priceless!
How long does it usually take you to walk a block with all that street
crossing, ALPHA MALE?
And how many weeks later is he capable of having sex?

Jim
~M~
2011-09-13 23:44:10 UTC
"BillB" wrote in message news:1LPbq.287$***@newsfe22.iad...

I would feel sorry for ANYONE so broke that he had to live in the worst
Black neighborhoods in America. They are basically concentration camps.

_________________

You seriously need to Google the Holocaust.
--
“Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?”
- Stephen Wright
BillB
Why?
~M~
2011-09-14 00:18:27 UTC
Post by BillB
I would feel sorry for ANYONE so broke that he had to live in the worst
Black neighborhoods in America. They are basically concentration camps.
_________________
You seriously need to Google the Holocaust.
Why?

______________________

So you will be ashamed of the idiotic comparison you just made.
--
“Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?”
- Stephen Wright
BillB
2011-09-14 00:25:56 UTC
Post by ~M~
So you will be ashamed of the idiotic comparison you just made.
Why would I be ashamed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment

The Random House Dictionary defines the term "concentration camp" as: "a
guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, members of
ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc.", and, the American
Heritage Dictionary defines it as: "A camp where civilians, enemy
aliens, political prisoners, and sometimes prisoners of war are detained
and confined, typically under harsh conditions."

True, the worst black neighborhoods aren't "guarded" per se, but they
are just about as hard to escape.
~M~
2011-09-14 01:03:01 UTC
Post by ~M~
So you will be ashamed of the idiotic comparison you just made.
Why would I be ashamed?
You got me there. It would take a reasonable semblance of humanity to feel
shame.
Post by ~M~
The Random House Dictionary defines the term "concentration camp" as: "a
guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, members of
ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc.", and, the American Heritage
Dictionary defines it as: "A camp where civilians, enemy aliens, political
prisoners, and sometimes prisoners of war are detained and confined,
typically under harsh conditions."
True, the worst black neighborhoods aren't "guarded" per se, but they are
just about as hard to escape.
Idiot.
--
“Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?”
- Stephen Wright
Will in New Haven
2011-09-14 16:26:17 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by ~M~
So you will be ashamed of the idiotic comparison you just made.
Why would I be ashamed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment
The Random House Dictionary defines the term "concentration camp" as: "a
guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, members of
ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc.", and, the American
Heritage Dictionary defines it as: "A camp where civilians, enemy
aliens, political prisoners, and sometimes prisoners of war are detained
and confined, typically under harsh conditions."
True, the worst black neighborhoods aren't "guarded" per se, but they
are just about as hard to escape.
Not at all "just about as hard to escape." There probably isn't a day
that goes by that someone doesn't leave, for instance, Bedford-
Stuyvesent or the Hill here in New Haven and move to somewhere else.

No, those neighborhoods aren't guarded, no quotes needed, and their
borders are extremely permeable, in both directions.

"Just about as hard to escape" is an obnoxious exaggeration.

Will in New Haven
BillB
2011-09-14 16:32:44 UTC
Thank you, Einstein!
BillB
2011-09-14 16:39:52 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by Will in New Haven
"Just about as hard to escape" is an obnoxious exaggeration.
Thank you, Einstein!
And just in case the others ain't as all edumicated as you be obviously:

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή,
'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or
figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a
strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary
device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered
in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a
ton."[2] Hyperbole helps to make the point that the bag was very heavy,
although it is not probable that it would actually weigh a ton.
BillB
2011-09-14 16:47:34 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by BillB
Post by Will in New Haven
"Just about as hard to escape" is an obnoxious exaggeration.
Thank you, Einstein!
Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή,
'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or
figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a
strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.
Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary
device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered
in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a
ton."[2] Hyperbole helps to make the point that the bag was very heavy,
although it is not probable that it would actually weigh a ton.
Whoops...sorry Will, I forgot to award you your ankle-biting points.
I'll give you 2.5 for that effort. When you get to 200 you can trade
them in for an RGP dildo.
Will in New Haven
2011-09-14 17:49:54 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by BillB
Post by Will in New Haven
"Just about as hard to escape" is an obnoxious exaggeration.
Thank you, Einstein!
Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή,
'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or
figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a
strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.
Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary
device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered
in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a
ton."[2] Hyperbole helps to make the point that the bag was very heavy,
although it is not probable that it would actually weigh a ton.
Obnoxious was the key word there. A bit of exaggeration is part of
normal discourse. You, on the other tentacle, are an obnoxious piece
of shit.

Will in New Haven
Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 18:00:07 UTC
Post by Will in New Haven
Obnoxious was the key word there. A bit of exaggeration is part of
normal discourse. You, on the other tentacle, are an obnoxious piece
of shit.
Are you angling for extra ankle-biting points, Will?

I'm sorry, the rules clearly state that an ankle-biter is allowed only
one award of ankle-biting points per ankle-biting session.

So save it.
Robert Ladd
2011-09-14 05:27:30 UTC
Post by mo_charles
bill, you're hopelessly naive. go for a jog on the west side, pretend
it's lincoln park lilly-white, see how it works out.
mo, I'm a 6'4" 240lb grown man. I am not afraid to jog anywhere. Nobody
has ever tried to fuck with me. Don't project your racial insecurities on
me, you pussy.
You really don't have a clue. Are you claiming that an Ethiopian family
moving in next door to you gives you some valid knowledge about the culture
of black American society? Can you see how prejudiced that is? Because his
skin is black, then you suppose he has the same cultural make-up as the
average inner-city black person from America. Maybe he doesn't want to be
compared to an inner-city ghetto gangbanger. You stereotype by skin color.
You did your reverse racial profile.

And you can believe your size will scare off a group of gang bangers if
you're jogging on the west side or south side of Chicago, but again you
really have no clue to what it's like in the inner-city. If you ever decide
to give this one a test, please let us know beforehand so that we won't have
to speculate why you've stopped posting.

You are either the most naive person on the planet, lying through your teeth
or you are as dumb as a rock.

I'm going to guess it's the first. I grew up next to the projects in Omaha,
and I lived 20 years in Chicago.

Why does my mind wander to the YouTube video where a couple of hyenas bring
down a larger wildebeest? Maybe the naive wildebeest was out for jog in the
hyenas' hood.

Robert Ladd
BillB
2011-09-14 05:51:50 UTC
You really don't have a clue. Are you claiming that an Ethiopian family
moving in next door to you gives you some valid knowledge about the
culture of black American society?
Ever since I taught you what a strawman is, that's all you've been
using. Nowhere did I equate my Ethiopian neighbors with the culture of
black American society, and only a racist like you would suggest I did!

Mo bragged that he lived near some black real people, and I rained on
his parade by disclosing that I live next door to some.

Are you saying Ethiopians aren't real black people? You racist.

Can you see how prejudiced that is?
Because his skin is black, then you suppose he has the same cultural
make-up as the average inner-city black person from America.
Lie. Never did that. You are making that up. You must be a racist.
And you can believe your size will scare off a group of gang bangers if
you're jogging on the west side or south side of Chicago, but again you
really have no clue to what it's like in the inner-city.
LOL! How the fuck would you know? Are you delusional? You have no
fucking idea where I have been and haven't been, yet here you are
stating "facts" about me that you are just making up out of thin air.
Are you a liar or just plain crazy?
You are either the most naive person on the planet, lying through your
teeth or you are as dumb as a rock.
I'm going to guess it's the first. I grew up next to the projects in
Omaha, and I lived 20 years in Chicago.
Oh, I see..big bad Robert Ladd survived 20 years in the projects, but
BillB will be killed going jogging once! LOL! You guys need to get
your heads around the fact that you have a pathological fear of black
people. Seek psychiatric treatment ASAP.
Robert Ladd
2011-09-14 07:01:13 UTC
You really don't have a clue. Are you claiming that an Ethiopian family
moving in next door to you gives you some valid knowledge about the
culture of black American society?
Ever since I taught you what a strawman is, that's all you've been using.
Nowhere did I equate my Ethiopian neighbors with the culture of black
American society, and only a racist like you would suggest I did!
You did suggest it.

BillB: "Naturally, I had to mention that my next door neighbors are from
Ethiopia, and that they didn't seem to fit with your nightmare stories.
LOL!"

Your implication is that since you have some nice black neighbors living
next to you (Ethiopian at that), then Mo's "nightmare stories" from the
black inner-city neighborhoods are suspect?

Your implication is that you know a black person who conducts himself a
certain way and therefore if someone suggests that other black people act
differently than the person you know, then their suggestion doesn't fit with
what you've observed.

THAT'S RACISM. Pure and simple. You observed a nice black person and
therefore all black people are nice. You would be screaming at the top of
your lungs is some idiot observed a black person committing a crime and
calling all black people criminals because of that observation.

YOU RACIST!!!!
Mo bragged that he lived near some black real people, and I rained on his
parade by disclosing that I live next door to some.
Are you saying Ethiopians aren't real black people? You racist.
I'm suggesting your narrow-minded observation proves nothing, you RACIST!
Can you see how prejudiced that is?
Because his skin is black, then you suppose he has the same cultural
make-up as the average inner-city black person from America.
Lie. Never did that. You are making that up. You must be a racist.
The racial profiling that suggests all black people are like your neighbor
is racist, therefore you must be a racist.
[...]
And before you do something stupid like going jogging in.... uh, never mind.

Yeah Bill, you are right. And I am going to start encouraging you to take
that jog. It'll be good for your cardio. You'll be fine. Black people
know not to mess with a 6' 4" white people. Hey, and if (when) you get
stopped tell them how you are just like them, only white, and you even live
next door to a black person from Ethiopia. That will certainly cement your
trust with them. Hell, they may even jog along side you, Holmes.

Robert Ladd
BillB
2011-09-14 08:02:46 UTC
Post by Robert Ladd
Your implication is that since you have some nice black neighbors living
next to you (Ethiopian at that), then Mo's "nightmare stories" from the
black inner-city neighborhoods are suspect?
Nope. My point was the exact opposite. Leave it to you to get it THAT
wrong. A perfect 180 degrees!

Mo said I didn't know black people, but he did because he lived among
them. I said I live NEXT DOOR to black people! I didn't suggest they
were the same as the black people mo supposedly knows. Far from it.
THAT'S THE POINT! It was mo who was trying to pass off the idea that all
black people are like the ones in his (and your) nightmares. My
neighbors are just as legitimately black as the ones that make you and
mo afraid to leave the house.

The difference is not the race. Both are equally black. The difference
is that my neighbors did not grow up confronting the brutal
multi-generational direct and structural racism faced by urban
African-Americans. THAT'S why they didn't turn out to be gangbangers,
but engineers. Get it now?

That's been my point all along. Race has nothing to do with it. Treat
people like shit for long enough, and that's what you're liable to get
back. Doesn't matter what race they are.

I do know one thing for sure...if US whites had a 30% U6 unemployment
rate (and double that of blacks), and a 28% poverty rate (and triple
that of blacks), and a median net worth only 5% that of blacks, we'd be
hearing ALL ABOUT IT from the teabaggers. It would be a DISGRACE AND A
NATIONAL EMERGENCY! It would be an OUTRAGE! The more militant teabaggers
would be calling for REVOLUTION! You know I am right. Don't say I am not.

But it's only black people, right? So it's no big deal. Let's sweep it
under the rug. That's the definite vibe I am getting. Did you see how
many right wingers expressed ANY CONCERN AT ALL about the black poverty
stats I posted today? A big fat ZERO. But they all lined up to
personally attack me, *for bringing up the subject*! Open your eyes, Robert.
Clave
2011-09-14 08:09:44 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by Robert Ladd
Your implication is that since you have some nice black neighbors living
next to you (Ethiopian at that), then Mo's "nightmare stories" from the
black inner-city neighborhoods are suspect?
Nope. My point was the exact opposite. Leave it to you to get it THAT
wrong. A perfect 180 degrees!
Is it just me, or is Robert Ladd really mo_charles after about six drinks?

Jim
Beldin the Sorcerer
No, BillB is Willie I, after about six beatings
BillB
2011-09-14 07:01:13 UTC
I'm going to guess it's the first. I grew up next to the projects in
Omaha, and I lived 20 years in Chicago.
Wait a minute...I misread that. You grew up NEXT to the projects? What
the fuck is that supposed to mean? I thought you said you were willing
to bet you grew up poorer than me....now it comes out you didn't grow up
IN the projects, but NEXT to them? LOL!

What a fraud!
Robert Ladd
2011-09-14 09:21:51 UTC
I'm going to guess it's the first. I grew up next to the projects in
Omaha, and I lived 20 years in Chicago.
Wait a minute...I misread that. You grew up NEXT to the projects? What the
fuck is that supposed to mean? I thought you said you were willing to bet
you grew up poorer than me....now it comes out you didn't grow up IN the
projects, but NEXT to them? LOL!
What a fraud!
This is where your arrogance shows what an asshole you are. Learn not to
assume.

We could only wish we were living in the projects. I visited school friends
that lived there and it was like Orphan Annie visiting Daddy Warbuck's home.

My mother was a waitress and at times worked for a company where she ran a
punch press that pressed out plastic items such as fishing bobbers, women's
barrettes, women's hair combs and other such things. That work was sporadic
and the waitressing was there when the punch press wasn't. My father was a
handyman that worked for different real-estate managers doing odd jobs
during the summer, but seldom was able to get work in the winter months.

We lived there from kindergarten through 6th grade. I walked from my house
past the projects to school. The students at school were approximately 95%
black, and the rest were mostly white with an occasional Hispanic or Asian.

We lived in an apartment house that had previously been a small
pre-turn-of-the-century hospital. Our apartment was the converted attic that
had pipes run up the outside of the inner walls since they didn't want to
tear out the walls to turn the attic into an apartment. It had a small
bathroom with a tub, a sink and a toilet. In addition it had two rooms, the
kitchen/bedroom and living room/bedroom (for 5 people)and everything had
slanted walls since the slanted roof was both our walls and our ceiling. We
kept to the middle of the rooms when walking so we didn't bang our heads,
even us kids. You could touch the slanted wall/ceiling while sitting in the
tub, and had to crawl out by ducking and edging yourself over the side so
you didn't hit your head.

When Christmas came around my mother went down to the Goodwill (1 block
away) and bought us a 3 ft tall, 2 ft diameter pre-packaged bag of used toys
for a quarter, that we got to split between me, my brother and sister. Some
years were better and we each got a bag. A few years things were good and
we each got a couple of real, store-bought, wrapped Christmas toys.
Fortunately, the winters were cold and during the week following Christmas
we kids didn't have much contact with our friends so we didn't often get
into the show-and-tell comparison of toys that we got. Most of the other
kids in the neighborhood was fairly poor too, so that usually wasn't a major
problem.

Most years, when September brought us the start of school year, we each got
a new pair of shoes, me and my brother got 2 new pairs of pants and two
shirts and underwear, and my sister got two dresses.

We never starved, but we quite often had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch
and dinner, and our lunch was not subsidized because we would have had to
pay the 50 cents a day for each of us.

Despite the poverty, I enjoyed my life growing up. With so much free time on
his hands in the winter months, my father started helping me with reading
and math much earlier than the school did, and by the 2nd grade I was
spending most of my time working on special projects in the library, and
going to the 4th and 5th grade classes to join in with their math and
reading.

Practically every Saturday I would walk the two miles to the downtown
library and spend the entire day there. I was allowed to check out 6 books
each time, and most times I returned them all the following Saturday read.
And from the 3rd grade on, I got a special pass from the librarian to check
out books from the adult section rather than the children's room. During
those years I read Moby Dick, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, and all of
Poe's works, especially the poetry. Those were wonderful times, with few
responsibilities.

Starting with the 3rd grade though the 8th grade the Omaha public schools
required all students to take The Iowa Basic Skills tests. During those 6
years I scored in the 99 percentile across the board. The teachers and
principal at the school every year tried to convince my parents to skip me
up a grade or two, but they insisted I stay with the kids my own age.

Since us kids didn't get money to buy things, starting in the 4th or 5th
grade I found some old scraps of wood and built myself a shoeshine box. I
stocked it with shoe polish and wax, brushes and clothes and went 1 block
east and headed south to the downtown and the skid-row bars and shined shoes
for a quarter a pair. I had to sneak into Many of the bars because they
were off limits to kids, but if I got someone to say "yes" before the
bartender saw me then I made sure I got the polish on a shoe so my customer
would insist that I be allowed to stay long enough to finish his pair. That
usually led to one or two others brow beating the bartender to let me stay
to do theirs too.

I also shoveled walks in the winter, but there was only one lawn in the
neighborhood that I got to mow, so most of the spending money that I and my
brother and sister had when we were kids came from my shoeshining in the
seedy dives along skid-row.

Well, there you have some of the information from the early years.

I'm not sure if you read the whole thing, but it is all the absolute truth.
I suggest if you get the urge to call someone a fraud, you might just give
it a second thought, because not everything is the way you imagine it. And
it might just turn into causing someone to take a nostalgic trip down memory
lane, and I'd guess that few besides me find it the least bit interesting.
But it was nice and fun to think back through those carefree times.

Robert Ladd
Beldin the Sorcerer
2011-09-14 09:34:55 UTC
Post by Robert Ladd
We never starved, but we quite often had peanut butter sandwiches for
lunch and dinner, and our lunch was not subsidized because we would have
had to pay the 50 cents a day for each of us.
Bobby, what year was this?

I remember paying 35 cents for school lunches, and I'm fairly sure I'm
younger than you are
Robert Ladd
2011-09-14 16:20:54 UTC
Post by Beldin the Sorcerer
Post by Robert Ladd
We never starved, but we quite often had peanut butter sandwiches for
lunch and dinner, and our lunch was not subsidized because we would have
had to pay the 50 cents a day for each of us.
Bobby, what year was this?
I remember paying 35 cents for school lunches, and I'm fairly sure I'm
younger than you are
That's possible. It was the mid to late 50's and maybe it was 25 cents for
lunch. Since I never bought it I didn't pay much attention. I just remember
that most of the kids bought a lunch card at the beginning of the week and I
brought a sack lunch.

Robert Ladd
BillB
2011-09-14 12:21:46 UTC
Post by Robert Ladd
My mother was a waitress and at times worked for a company where she ran
a punch press that pressed out plastic items such as fishing bobbers,
women's barrettes, women's hair combs and other such things. That work
was sporadic and the waitressing was there when the punch press wasn't.
My father was a handyman that worked for different real-estate managers
doing odd jobs during the summer, but seldom was able to get work in the
winter months.
You had two working parents, and you wanted to bet you grew up poorer
than me? LOL! That's two more than I had.
Post by Robert Ladd
You could touch the slanted
wall/ceiling while sitting in the tub, and had to crawl out by ducking
and edging yourself over the side so you didn't hit your head.
OMFG, you poor baby. That must have been so traumatic for you!

<snip rest of faux poor upbringing>
bratt
2011-09-14 12:59:00 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by Robert Ladd
My mother was a waitress and at times worked for a company where she ran
a punch press that pressed out plastic items such as fishing bobbers,
women's barrettes, women's hair combs and other such things. That work
was sporadic and the waitressing was there when the punch press wasn't.
My father was a handyman that worked for different real-estate managers
doing odd jobs during the summer, but seldom was able to get work in the
winter months.
You had two working parents, and you wanted to bet you grew up poorer
than me? LOL! That's two more than I had.
And you parents were supported by the government? I'm sure they made
more than his parents did.
Post by BillB
Post by Robert Ladd
You could touch the slanted
wall/ceiling while sitting in the tub, and had to crawl out by ducking
and edging yourself over the side so you didn't hit your head.
OMFG, you poor baby. That must have been so traumatic for you!
We know - you didn't even have a tub, right? You had to pump water and
bring it in from outside and bathe in the kitchen sink.
Post by BillB
<snip rest of faux poor upbringing>
and your confronting him with "I had it worse than you" isn't faux poor
whining upbringing?

----
BillB
2011-09-14 13:10:52 UTC
Post by bratt
Post by BillB
You had two working parents, and you wanted to bet you grew up poorer
than me? LOL! That's two more than I had.
And you parents were supported by the government? I'm sure they made
more than his parents did.
You are sure??

How are you sure, susan?

Perhaps your irrational hatred and obsession with me is getting in the
way of your objectivity.
Post by bratt
Post by BillB
Post by Robert Ladd
You could touch the slanted
wall/ceiling while sitting in the tub, and had to crawl out by ducking
and edging yourself over the side so you didn't hit your head.
OMFG, you poor baby. That must have been so traumatic for you!
We know - you didn't even have a tub, right? You had to pump water and
bring it in from outside and bathe in the kitchen sink.
Something like that, yes (but a lot worse).
Post by bratt
Post by BillB
<snip rest of faux poor upbringing>
and your confronting him with "I had it worse than you" isn't faux poor
whining upbringing?
Actually, it was Robert who confronted me with "I had it worse than
you." He even wanted to bet me!

Perhaps your irrational hatred and obsession with me is getting in the
way of your objectivity.
Tim Norfolk
I believe that I just came in on a classic Monty Python sketch.
BillB
2011-09-14 13:31:02 UTC
Post by Tim Norfolk
I believe that I just came in on a classic Monty Python sketch.
lol...that's what I was thinking.

"I used to DREAM of hitting my head when I got out of the tub!"
Will in New Haven
2011-09-14 16:29:50 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by Tim Norfolk
I believe that I just came in on a classic Monty Python sketch.
lol...that's what I was thinking.
"I used to DREAM of hitting my head when I got out of the tub!"
You had a TUB?

You had a HEAD?

Will in New Haven
mo_charles
2011-09-14 13:48:33 UTC
Post by Robert Ladd
You could touch the slanted
wall/ceiling while sitting in the tub, and had to crawl out by ducking
and edging yourself over the side so you didn't hit your head.
OMFG, you poor baby. That must have been so traumatic for you!
<snip rest of faux poor upbringing>
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?

mo_charles

BillB
2011-09-14 13:49:42 UTC
Post by mo_charles
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?
Says the guy who now admits he runs across the street when he sees a
group of black teenagers.

LOL!!!

Do you ever listen to yourself? All you do is project.
BillB
2011-09-14 13:52:03 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?
Says the guy who now admits he runs across the street when he sees a
group of black teenagers.
Pardon me...I forgot. You SLOWLY cross the street, so as to not attract
attention to yourself! LOL!

You are hilarious, mo -- I mean, ALPHA MALE hahaha
mo_charles
2011-09-14 14:05:46 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?
Says the guy who now admits he runs across the street when he sees a
group of black teenagers.
LOL!!!
Do you ever listen to yourself? All you do is project.
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?

mo_charles

BillB
2011-09-14 14:05:48 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?
Says the guy who now admits he runs across the street when he sees a
group of black teenagers.
LOL!!!
Do you ever listen to yourself? All you do is project.
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
mo_charles
2011-09-14 14:26:02 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing? i've
seen some of that on jersey shore, but i don't really consider roided up
20 something italian idiots "american".

mo_charles

-------
mo_charles
2011-09-14 14:28:40 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing? i've
seen some of that on jersey shore, but i don't really consider roided up
20 something italian idiots "american".
that's not true. they are definitely americans. maybe i try to pretend
they aren't because they're an embarrassment.

mo_charles

BillB
Would you cross the street out of terror if you saw Snooki coming after you?
Tim Norfolk
Yes.
Iceman
2011-09-14 16:01:16 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing? i've
seen some of that on jersey shore, but i don't really consider roided up
20 something italian idiots "american".
that's not true. they are definitely americans. maybe i try to pretend
they aren't because they're an embarrassment.
Breaking news...urgent...people in their 20s get drunk and hook up...live
footage at 11.
mo_charles
2011-09-14 16:16:07 UTC
Post by Iceman
Post by mo_charles
Post by mo_charles
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing? i've
seen some of that on jersey shore, but i don't really consider roided up
20 something italian idiots "american".
that's not true. they are definitely americans. maybe i try to pretend
they aren't because they're an embarrassment.
Breaking news...urgent...people in their 20s get drunk and hook up...live
footage at 11.
i didn't expect your support on this. you and your buddies think it's
cool to start bar fights.

mo_charles

Iceman
2011-09-14 17:18:57 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by Iceman
Post by mo_charles
Post by mo_charles
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing? i've
seen some of that on jersey shore, but i don't really consider roided up
20 something italian idiots "american".
that's not true. they are definitely americans. maybe i try to pretend
they aren't because they're an embarrassment.
Breaking news...urgent...people in their 20s get drunk and hook up...live
footage at 11.
i didn't expect your support on this. you and your buddies think it's
cool to start bar fights.
The show has been on for like four seasons and there have been like two
punches thrown in total. I stopped watching it because it was boring. I
don't see why people were so bothered by it, unless they haven't been around
young people in the last 20 years.
mo_charles
2011-09-14 17:35:06 UTC
Post by Iceman
Post by mo_charles
i didn't expect your support on this. you and your buddies think it's
cool to start bar fights.
The show has been on for like four seasons and there have been like two
punches thrown in total. I stopped watching it because it was boring. I
don't see why people were so bothered by it, unless they haven't been around
young people in the last 20 years.
"like four seasons" and "like two punches thrown"? iceman, tell us how
old you really are. all this lying about owning a home, being a big time
lawyer, etc. has got to be weighing on you.

mo_charles

BillB
2011-09-14 14:52:35 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing?
It's just something you call fully a grown man (self-described ALPHA
MALE lol) whose racism is so out of control that he crosses the street
he sees black children, because he's terrified they will harm him!
mo_charles
2011-09-14 15:11:30 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing?
It's just something you call fully a grown man (self-described ALPHA
MALE lol) whose racism is so out of control that he crosses the street
he sees black children, because he's terrified they will harm him!
who's "you"? nobody i know calls anybody "pussy", at least not before he
smashes a keystone light can on his unibrow.

mo_charles

VegasJerry
2011-09-14 15:58:04 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
is calling people "pussies" and "little girls" a canadian thing?
It's just something you call fully a grown man (self-described ALPHA
MALE lol) whose racism is so out of control that he crosses the street
he sees black children, because he's terrified they will harm him!
What I find surprising is how clueless you actually are about some of the
side streets of America. You know a guy next door, "of color," so you know
how it would be walking a dangerous street in one of our cities.

There are neighborhoods in Riverside County, and Compton, Californian,
where the police won't even respond at night. They'll often wait an hour,
then drive fast, with their headlights off, just to see if the 'Emergency
Call' was, in fact, another ambush. I only wish there were some way we
could grab you by the nape of your scrawny little neck and drop you on one
of those streets. Would you shit yourself before the beat it out of you?
But you know a colored guy, so Mo, and the cops, must be a sniveling
cowards.

Keep digging, BillBeldin; you may find your cluelessness. But do keep
digging, just for our humor.

Jerry (out of Canada) 'n Vegas

------
BillB
2011-09-14 16:02:53 UTC
Post by VegasJerry
There are neighborhoods in Riverside County, and Compton, Californian,
where the police won't even respond at night.
lol...I am starting to see why you people insist on carrying guns with
you everywhere you go. You are a nation of black-fearing cowards!

Do you too cross the street out of fear when you encounter black
children, Jerry?
VegasJerry
2011-09-14 19:14:09 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by VegasJerry
There are neighborhoods in Riverside County, and Compton, Californian,
where the police won't even respond at night.
lol...I am starting to see why you people insist on carrying guns with
you everywhere you go. You are a nation of black-fearing cowards!
Do you too cross the street out of fear when you encounter black
children, Jerry?
You really didn't know about the side streets and now you're embarrased.
(That means you dodge the fact you're wrong and move on to name-calling).
It must be a sad day for you, capitulating to Mo_ron. And I helped.

Stay in Canada, BillBeldin, the reality of the real world will eat your
lunch...

Jerry (on a side street) 'n Vegas

------
mo_charles
2011-09-14 16:10:02 UTC
Post by VegasJerry
Post by BillB
[...]
cannuck mommy's in the clouds looking down on the boy she abandoned. he's
GOT TO stand on the fence, puff out his feathers, and crow!

mo_charles

---
ChrisRobin
2011-09-14 18:07:49 UTC
Post by BillB
It's just something you call fully a grown man (self-described ALPHA
MALE lol) whose racism is so out of control that he crosses the street
he sees black children, because he's terrified they will harm him!
I hate to legitimize the premise of mo's OP by piling on here (alpha
male... seriously?), but clearly the closest you've come to a truly
impoverished neighborhood is seeing it on the television. Your
aw-schucks-I'm-an-honest-lawyer bit might play well in the Great White
North, but I guarantee you wouldn't last 10 minutes in some of Chicago or
LA's rougher 'hoods. That Canadian tolerance you flaunt isn't exactly
reciprocated, and racial platitudes would not exempt you from a serious
beating, just because.

Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 18:04:31 UTC
Wrong. Another one who wants to tell me where I have and haven't been?
Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 18:27:03 UTC
Post by Dr. BillB
Post by ChrisRobin
I hate to legitimize the premise of mo's OP by piling on here (alpha
male... seriously?), but clearly the closest you've come to a truly
impoverished neighborhood is seeing it on the television.
Wrong. Another one who wants to tell me where I have and haven't been?
And by the way, what I have seen dramatized on TV is far worse than what
I have actually experienced on the ground, not better as you implied.
Not that these are nice places -- they aren't -- but only a tiny
percentage of the residents are the "Stone Cold Killers" the SWMs
(scared white males) here see in every black pair of eyes they pass on
the street. Being black and poor does not necessarily make you a violent
psychopath. Maybe it's *you* who hasn't spent much time in truly
impoverished neighborhoods??

How would you like to be a black guy with the wrong address, and have
Mo, Chris or Robert in the Human Resources Department reviewing your
resume? I don't think so!
ChrisRobin
2011-09-14 19:00:57 UTC
Post by Dr. BillB
And by the way, what I have seen dramatized on TV is far worse than what
I have actually experienced on the ground, not better as you implied.
Then I rest my case.

----
Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 18:57:52 UTC
Not quite. Have you spent a lot of time in those neighborhoods, Chris?
ChrisRobin
2011-09-14 19:25:40 UTC
Post by Dr. BillB
Not that these are nice places -- they aren't -- but only a tiny
percentage of the residents are the "Stone Cold Killers" the SWMs
(scared white males) here see in every black pair of eyes they pass on
the street. Being black and poor does not necessarily make you a violent
psychopath.
Of course it doesn't, Dr. Disingenuous, and I never even implied that. But
spend a few minutes in any of these neighborhoods, and I guarantee that
the anti-white sentiment is PALPABLE. And that's not to say that there
isn't ample, if misdirected, justification for such feelings. But it's
there, and it's certainly not limited to "violent psychopaths." You ever
shared a block with a street gang, Bill?
Post by Dr. BillB
Maybe it's *you* who hasn't spent much time in truly
impoverished neighborhoods??
Enough to know better.
Post by Dr. BillB
How would you like to be a black guy with the wrong address, and have
Mo, Chris or Robert in the Human Resources Department reviewing your
resume? I don't think so!
It's racist to point out that you'd get your ass beat almost immediately
in most of these neighborhoods? Lol.

------
Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 19:36:02 UTC
Post by Dr. BillB
Maybe it's *you* who hasn't spent much time in truly
impoverished neighborhoods??
Enough to know better.
How much? How many beatings did you receive?
Post by ChrisRobin
Post by Dr. BillB
How would you like to be a black guy with the wrong address, and have
Mo, Chris or Robert in the Human Resources Department reviewing your
resume? I don't think so!
It's racist to point out that you'd get your ass beat almost immediately
in most of these neighborhoods? Lol.
As a matter of fact, yes, it is. I have walked around many of them many
times. Miraculously...no beatings!

Even mo_ron was able to survive four years *LIVING* in the worst black
neighborhood in Chicago, and he's just a wisp of a man! All it took for
him to survive was a lot of street crossing, but no reported beatings,
stabbings or shootings! FOUR YEARS! How is that possible?

You guys don't even recognize your own obvious prejudices.
ChrisRobin
2011-09-14 21:13:02 UTC
Post by Dr. BillB
Post by Dr. BillB
Maybe it's *you* who hasn't spent much time in truly
impoverished neighborhoods??
Enough to know better.
How much? How many beatings did you receive?
Spent about 8 years in and out of some rough areas, either working there
or commuting by public transportation – and these weren't even Chicago's
worst areas. Mugged once, physically threatened 4 or 5 times (including
getting punched in the face once for no apparent reason), harassed
countless times (usually b/c of the color of my skin), but fortunate
enough to avoid anything serious by paying attention to my surroundings.

Mo's advice to get the hell out of the way of a potentially bad situation
isn't proof of cowardice (although the humor of that little nugget
appearing in an "alpha male" post isn't lost on me, tee hee). It's basic
common sense. If you don't own this simple survival instinct then you've
never spent any time in a truly rough neighborhood. Trouble will find you
whether you like it or not, simply because you're not welcome there.
Post by Dr. BillB
Post by ChrisRobin
Post by Dr. BillB
How would you like to be a black guy with the wrong address, and have
Mo, Chris or Robert in the Human Resources Department reviewing your
resume? I don't think so!
It's racist to point out that you'd get your ass beat almost immediately
in most of these neighborhoods? Lol.
As a matter of fact, yes, it is. I have walked around many of them many
times. Miraculously...no beatings!
Which neighborhoods were those? Because I'm guessing a truly "rough" hood
would scare the piss out of you.
Post by Dr. BillB
Even mo_ron was able to survive four years *LIVING* in the worst black
neighborhood in Chicago, and he's just a wisp of a man! All it took for
him to survive was a lot of street crossing, but no reported beatings,
stabbings or shootings! FOUR YEARS! How is that possible?
Hyde Park is far from the worst neighborhood in Chicago.
Post by Dr. BillB
You guys don't even recognize your own obvious prejudices.
Prejudices? LMAO. Try dragging your lilly white ass through one of
Chicago's gang-infested neighborhoods sometime, Bill. Plenty of deadbeat
drop-outs who would love nothing more than to beat you to a bloody pulp,
just for kicks. This isn't racism. It's just reality. Sorry if you don't
subscribe.

-------
Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 22:25:37 UTC
Post by ChrisRobin
Spent about 8 years in and out of some rough areas, either working there
or commuting by public transportation – and these weren't even Chicago's
worst areas. Mugged once, physically threatened 4 or 5 times (including
getting punched in the face once for no apparent reason), harassed
countless times (usually b/c of the color of my skin), but fortunate
enough to avoid anything serious by paying attention to my surroundings.
Ok, so you were there for 8 years, and nothing happened to you that
wouldn't happen on any middle school playground. But a guy like me, who
is big and grew up on the streets, and is a little rough around the
edges, and practiced criminal law, is going to be killed on Day 1,
right? That's your story and you're sticking to it?

And where are the beatings? You promised us beatings! But that's kinda
what I expected. And the interesting thing? All those encounters with
The Big Bad Black Man, and not *one* serious injury! It almost seems
like....they were just fuckin' with you, Chris! Would it be fair to say
what *did* happen was probably only because they sensed the white fear
dripping off you? I'm just sayin'...street people do sense those things.

I just thought of something funny. If you and mo were walking down
opposite sides of the street, you'd create a huge traffic jam from all
the street crossings!

What intersection would come to your mind as the worst in Chicago? You
show me yours and I'll show you mine. I know I have one of the most
poverty, hard drug, and HIV infested 'hoods in North America (which I am
known to volunteer in), so you better be on your game.
Post by ChrisRobin
Prejudices? LMAO. Try dragging your lilly white ass through one of
Chicago's gang-infested neighborhoods sometime, Bill.
Infested. Good word. It's always "infested" when we talk about these
places. Have you noticed that? Conjures up images of rats and
cockroaches. It's part of the dehumanization process.

What is the WORST neighborhood in Chicago, off the top of your head. I
want to have a look.
Will in New Haven
2011-09-15 00:23:21 UTC
Post by ChrisRobin
Prejudices? LMAO. Try dragging your lilly white ass through one of
Chicago's gang-infested neighborhoods sometime, Bill.
Infested. Good word. It's always "infested" when we talk about these
places. Have you noticed that? Conjures up images of rats and
cockroaches. It's part of the dehumanization process.
What is the WORST neighborhood in Chicago, off the top of your head. I
want to have a look.
I just can't believe you are right about this but, in my experience,
you are. Of course, one could get very unlucky but the nervousness
about Black neighborhoods is unjustified.

--
Will in New Haven

Will in New Haven
2011-09-14 20:32:39 UTC
Post by ChrisRobin
Post by Dr. BillB
Not that these are nice places -- they aren't -- but only a tiny
percentage of the residents are the "Stone Cold Killers" the SWMs
(scared white males) here see in every black pair of eyes they pass on
the street. Being black and poor does not necessarily make you a violent
psychopath.
Of course it doesn't, Dr. Disingenuous, and I never even implied that. But
spend a few minutes in any of these neighborhoods, and I guarantee that
the anti-white sentiment is PALPABLE. And that's not to say that there
isn't ample, if misdirected, justification for such feelings. But it's
there, and it's certainly not limited to "violent psychopaths." You ever
shared a block with a street gang, Bill?
That doesn't fit either Newhalville or the Hill in New Haven. First of
all, the demographics say "Black" but there are white people in those
neighborhoods, I used to live in the Hill, and there are white people
on the streets and on the streets of most so-called Black
neighborhoods in NYC and Boston. People who clearly _live_ there, shop
in the area, are always around.

Street gangs are a touchier matter. There was one dealing drugs on
Kensington and I passed there street walking down Elm every night. I
didn't get involved in their activities and I made sure I was on the
left side of the street going in and the right side going out.

But most people, even in that micro-neighborhood, are not in street
gangs.

I think BillB is pretty much correct in this, which makes it even
funnier when he goes all "concentration camp," even as hyperbole.
Post by Dr. BillB
How would you like to be a black guy with the wrong address, and have
Mo, Chris or Robert in the Human Resources Department reviewing your
resume? I don't think so!
It's racist to point out that you'd get your ass beat almost immediately
in most of these neighborhoods? Lol.
Why would he? I am sure he would be polite and you could _certainly_
get your ass beat if you weren't. I'm not particularly polite but I
managed to avoid any kind of simply race-based trouble all the years I
lived and worked in the middle of New Haven, sometimes in bad
neighborhoods, sometimes just near them.

Will in New Haven
ChrisRobin
2011-09-14 21:42:50 UTC
Post by Will in New Haven
[...]
Not implying that the majority of folks in these areas are thugs or are in
gangs. Seriously. But these neighborhoods, at least in Chicago, ARE highly
gentrified, and often outsiders are viewed with suspicion, if not
downright hostility. Look, all it takes is one incident of bad luck to
have your day ruined. The young gangbangers are the ones to look out for,
because they usually act like they have something to prove.

The gang problem in Chicago is way, way out of control.
Post by Will in New Haven
Post by Dr. BillB
How would you like to be a black guy with the wrong address, and have
Mo, Chris or Robert in the Human Resources Department reviewing your
resume? I don't think so!
It's racist to point out that you'd get your ass beat almost immediately
in most of these neighborhoods? Lol.
Why would he? I am sure he would be polite and you could _certainly_
get your ass beat if you weren't. I'm not particularly polite but I
managed to avoid any kind of simply race-based trouble all the years I
lived and worked in the middle of New Haven, sometimes in bad
neighborhoods, sometimes just near them.
I agree that being polite is just a sensible policy. In my experience,
living in the neighborhood affords you a certain protection from all of
this, assuming you don't carry yourself like a total jackass. But what do
I know? I didn't purchase a law degree or anything.

--------
mo_charles
2011-09-14 18:12:51 UTC
Post by ChrisRobin
Post by BillB
It's just something you call fully a grown man (self-described ALPHA
MALE lol) whose racism is so out of control that he crosses the street
he sees black children, because he's terrified they will harm him!
I hate to legitimize the premise of mo's OP by piling on here (alpha
male... seriously?), but clearly the closest you've come to a truly
impoverished neighborhood is seeing it on the television. Your
aw-schucks-I'm-an-honest-lawyer bit might play well in the Great White
North, but I guarantee you wouldn't last 10 minutes in some of Chicago or
LA's rougher 'hoods. That Canadian tolerance you flaunt isn't exactly
reciprocated, and racial platitudes would not exempt you from a serious
beating, just because.
hey there, guys! any of you black fellas need a handout? dr.billb's here
to help!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=allen+stanford+beaten&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS439US439&biw=1680&bih=892&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnso&tbnid=ozHahddpTm_hsM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327421/Allen-Stanford-beaten-jail-inmates-awaits-trial.html&docid=r4_Gk08d0T_2PM&w=468&h=397&ei=tuxwTs6cIaf9sQLf5fW5CQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=319&vpy=156&dur=2396&hovh=207&hovw=244&tx=154&ty=81&page=1&tbnh=161&tbnw=186&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

mo_charles

Robert Ladd
2011-09-14 17:01:03 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?
Says the guy who now admits he runs across the street when he sees a
group of black teenagers.
LOL!!!
Do you ever listen to yourself? All you do is project.
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
You are clueless Bill. You show your cluelessness in every mocking gesture
you make. Please do us a favor and take that jog.

Robert Ladd
VegasJerry
2011-09-14 19:46:02 UTC
Post by Robert Ladd
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
Post by BillB
Post by mo_charles
have we found the source of your massive insecurity?
Says the guy who now admits he runs across the street when he sees a
group of black teenagers.
LOL!!!
Do you ever listen to yourself? All you do is project.
are you dying to please daddy, mommy, or both?
Watch it, ALPHA MALE, or I'll send a 14-year-old black kid to chase you
back and forth across the street! Do you want to soil yourself again?
Didn't think so.
You are clueless Bill. You show your cluelessness in every mocking gesture
you make. Please do us a favor and take that jog.
Robert Ladd
It's early evening in Compton, just a few minutes by freeway from
downtown LA, and BillB gets out of his car and starts walking toward a
residential area. "I'll show those cowards at RGP."
"Okay, Cracker, hand over the wallet and start sucking our dicks."
BillB turns and finds himself confronted by two large men. "Listen, I
just got here," BillB stammers, "I'm your friend. I'm a doctor and a
lawyer and an Indian Chief and a lot of other great things. Just ask the
people I keep telling that to."
"You deaf, motherfucker?"
"Listen; I just want to talk to you," says BillB, "some of my best
next door neighbors are dark people. I'm no coward, I…."
BillBeldin is beaten, sodomized and robbed, like he was a choirboy.
The unfortunate, misunderstood, deprived, thief tosses BillB's phone onto
his prostrated, bleeding body. "Here, whitey, dial 911 and see how many
hours it takes to get an ambulance."
BillBeldin quietly returns to Canada, never to leave again; nor
mention his misfortune. He's finally learned his lesson; the hard way. If
only he's listened to those smarter and wiser than he. But he doesn't
think they exist.

Jerry 'n Vegas

-------
Dr. BillB
2011-09-14 20:05:32 UTC
Post by VegasJerry
[...]
I've walked around RIGHT IN Compton in the early evening, Jerry. A few
times. Ridden around on my bicycle too, fully loaded with touring gear!
Nothing like that happened. All we got were friendly waves. All I met
was a bunch of amazing people. A guy who played second string fullback
for the University of Washington invited us to stay at his parents'
house for the night. Nice street, not rich...but nothing like you guys
are making it out to be. His dad knew Jimi Hendrix and told us some good
stories and showed us some memorabilia! Really, really good people.

Actually, when we cycle-toured LA, and we went EVERYWHERE, there was
only one place we ended up where I felt a little nervous, but that was
East LA. It was a semi-industrial area and every commercial property was
protected with razor-wire, and there were old couches everywhere lining
the sidewalk with people sleeping in them. But nobody bothered us.

You need to stop judging people. Look at the CRIME STATS. There's not
nearly as much as you guys are making it out to be, and most of the
murders are gangmembers fighting it out. If you don't get hit with a
stray bullet, you're good!
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-15 00:33:12 UTC
Post by Dr. BillB
A guy who played second string fullback
for the University of Washington invited us to stay at his parents'
house for the night. Nice street, not rich...but nothing like you guys
are making it out to be. His dad knew Jimi Hendrix and told us some good
stories and showed us some memorabilia! Really, really good people.
Dude, a little warning before your Robert Zemeckis moments. Tissues ..tissues ..
Post by Dr. BillB
Actually, when we cycle-toured LA, and we went EVERYWHERE, there was
only one place we ended up where I felt a little nervous, but that was
East LA.
Ohh, so it's Latinos you don't like .. RACIST
Post by Dr. BillB
You need to stop judging people. Look at the CRIME STATS.
Here's some interesting data to look at ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

It's not to say there isn't a pronounced difference between Anaheim and Oakland or Colorado Springs and Detroit, but hey, who's to judge?

There's not
Sooo, if you put inherently non-violent people together, they become violent but only against each other...
Planet Galaxy
2011-09-13 19:59:16 UTC
No structural racism there, right?
bratt
2011-09-13 22:02:22 UTC
On Sep 13 2011 3:09 PM, BillB wrote:

Tell us again how you aren't a racist B-BillB
Post by BillB
Honestly, I always pictured mo as a skinny, pimply little Jewish guy
wearing a food-stained yarmulke and sweatshirt, sitting in a shabby
basement furnished with yardsale-type furniture.
B-BillB - openmindedness personified.

------
mo_charles
2011-09-13 22:06:50 UTC
Post by BillB
Honestly, I always pictured mo as a skinny, pimply little Jewish guy
wearing a food-stained yarmulke and sweatshirt, sitting in a shabby
basement furnished with yardsale-type furniture.
B-BillB - openmindedness personified.
so he hates jews, so what? he can't help he's not exposed to anything;
he lives in canada.

mo_charles

------
BillB
2011-09-13 22:30:16 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by bratt
B-BillB - openmindedness personified.
so he hates jews, so what?
mo...just because I suspected you are Jewish does not mean I hate Jews!

I in no way meant to suggest all, most, or any Jewish people (except one
I knew 30 years ago) are like you! They are not! You are definitely a
rare bird. I have already apologized to Jews everywhere for leaving the
distasteful impression that you might be associated with them.
Post by mo_charles
he can't help he's not exposed to anything;
he lives in canada.
Now there's no Jewish people in Canada either? Wow, I had no idea. What
do I need to know about Jewish people, mo? Do tell.
phlash74
2011-09-13 19:38:55 UTC
Post by mo_charles
""Whenever you put alpha males together, the most aggressive will
overpower the others," says T. Byram Karasu, the veteran psychiatrist who
has run the sessions for the past 23 years. The fighting is subtle, but
it's vicious. "Even giving advice is geared toward lowering the others'
self-esteem. Those at the lower end of the group come away doubting
themselves, and their testosterone falls. They tell me they can't have sex
for three or four days afterward.""
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
mo_charles
I have no idea about testosterone levels, but I can confidently state that
we all lose IQ points reading your idiocy.

Michael

-----------------
"> phlash
On your circle jerk k00l kidz email list. Should be disqualified for
that, but I'll give him a pass because he is smart." - ramashiva,
8/22/2010

"Hitler has already been forgiven, but you have not." - Reptillian AKA
Igotskillz, 4/6/2011

--------
mo_charles
2011-09-13 19:45:11 UTC
Post by phlash74
Post by mo_charles
""Whenever you put alpha males together, the most aggressive will
overpower the others," says T. Byram Karasu, the veteran psychiatrist who
has run the sessions for the past 23 years. The fighting is subtle, but
it's vicious. "Even giving advice is geared toward lowering the others'
self-esteem. Those at the lower end of the group come away doubting
themselves, and their testosterone falls. They tell me they can't have sex
for three or four days afterward.""
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
I have no idea about testosterone levels, but I can confidently state that
we all lose IQ points reading your idiocy.
so desperate for a response to make you dumber ... skinner boxed, bitch.

mo_charles

-----
phlash74
2011-09-13 20:54:59 UTC
Post by mo_charles
Post by phlash74
Post by mo_charles
""Whenever you put alpha males together, the most aggressive will
overpower the others," says T. Byram Karasu, the veteran psychiatrist who
has run the sessions for the past 23 years. The fighting is subtle, but
it's vicious. "Even giving advice is geared toward lowering the others'
self-esteem. Those at the lower end of the group come away doubting
themselves, and their testosterone falls. They tell me they can't have sex
for three or four days afterward.""
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
I have no idea about testosterone levels, but I can confidently state that
we all lose IQ points reading your idiocy.
so desperate for a response to make you dumber ... skinner boxed, bitch.
mo_charles
-----
LOL...you respond in seven minutes?

Here's your pellet. Now stop pressing the fucking button.

Michael

-----------------

-----
mo_charles
2011-09-13 20:58:22 UTC
Post by phlash74
Post by mo_charles
Post by mo_charles
Post by phlash74
Post by mo_charles
for three or four days afterward.""
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
I have no idea about testosterone levels, but I can confidently state that
we all lose IQ points reading your idiocy.
so desperate for a response to make you dumber ... skinner boxed, bitch.
LOL...you respond in seven minutes?
Here's your pellet. Now stop pressing the fucking button.
every time i respond and you read, you get dumber. REMEMBER?

idiot.

mo_charles

--------
Tim Norfolk
2011-09-15 00:52:50 UTC
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405311190353280457656655326869...
""Whenever you put alpha males together, the most aggressive will
overpower the others," says T. Byram Karasu, the veteran psychiatrist who
has run the sessions for the past 23 years. The fighting is subtle, but
it's vicious. "Even giving advice is geared toward lowering the others'
self-esteem. Those at the lower end of the group come away doubting
themselves, and their testosterone falls. They tell me they can't have sex
for three or four days afterward.""
i wouldn't call any of them "alpha", but i wonder if any of the "male"
liberals on this ng have had sex since i joined the ng.
mo_charles
Not me. I had to go to work today.