OT: Thought for the day
Nick Wool
2006-04-20 17:41:54 UTC
'The difference between England and America is this: When we have a world
series, we ask other countries to particioate'.  John Cleese.

Discuss.

Personally, I think we could learn a lot from the Americans.  For a start, we
could get rid of this '1966 and all that' complex.  Imagine, 40 years of hurt
gone just like that.  Surely even an English team cannot fail to win the world
cup again if the only teams in it are all English.

Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com
da pickle
2006-04-20 17:52:31 UTC
"Nick Wool"
Post by Nick Wool
'The difference between England and America is this: When we have a world
series, we ask other countries to particioate'. John Cleese.
Discuss.
Personally, I think we could learn a lot from the Americans. For a start,
we
could get rid of this '1966 and all that' complex. Imagine, 40 years of
hurt
gone just like that. Surely even an English team cannot fail to win the
world
cup again if the only teams in it are all English.
Just because the US National team would not likely beat ManU or Arsenal in
football does not mean than England's cricket team could beat the White Sox.
Dave23
2006-04-20 18:20:00 UTC
The US football team wouldn't beat my local cub scout team.
da pickle
2006-04-20 19:28:21 UTC
"Dave23"
Post by Dave23
Post by da pickle
Just because the US National team would not likely beat ManU or Arsenal in
football does not mean than England's cricket team could beat the White Sox.
The US football team wouldn't beat my local cub scout team.
I do not for second believe that ... unless ... perhaps your cub scout team
consists of students who have been "held back" for some years? But that is
off topic anyway, as we were comparing cricket to baseball.
Brian
2006-04-20 19:51:32 UTC
a few years ago that might be true. Have you checked the world rankings lately?
We won't win this year, but we shouldn't embarrass ourselves either.
ChrisBrown
2006-04-20 19:34:46 UTC
On Apr 20 2006 12:41 PM, Nick Wool wrote:

"OT: Thought for the day"

I can't (and at the same time can) believe that you limit yourself to 1
thought a day.

sorry, couldn't pass that 1 up.

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
Nick Wool
2006-04-20 19:54:50 UTC
Post by ChrisBrown
"OT: Thought for the day"
I can't (and at the same time can) believe that you limit yourself to 1
thought a day.
sorry, couldn't pass that 1 up.
hey, thats one more than most people have have...:)

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com