OT: Gary Carson says Mother Teresa is
Barking Toad
2006-10-28 12:55:39 UTC
a worthless hypocrite? On the thread- sort of off topic about Christians- he
says of Mother Teresa," I'll bash that worthless hypocrite". Anyone who would
call someone who worked with the poorest of the poor in the worst impoverished
conditions until she was 86 years old has got to be a real POS. Way to go
genious, way to do yourself proud, bash away.

Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com
Edward
2006-10-28 13:50:10 UTC
Post by Barking Toad
a worthless hypocrite? On the thread- sort of off topic about Christians- he
says of Mother Teresa," I'll bash that worthless hypocrite".
If you read one word at a time and can only comprehend five words
without having to restart your thought process, then of course you're
going to misunderstand and take those fivee words out of context, to
critisize.

What Gary actually said was, "Since she worked for, and provided
support to, a criminal organization in the business of molesting
children, I'll bash that worthless hypocrite".
Post by Barking Toad
Anyone who would
call someone who worked with the poorest of the poor in the worst impoverished
conditions until she was 86 years old has got to be a real POS. Way to go
genious, way to do yourself proud, bash away.
Apparently you only believe what you're told and have never done any
research on Mother Theresa. There are plenty of critics with
substantiated claims of misuse of funds and substandard care to sick
people.
Mr_Majestic
Gary just likes to bring people down to his own level.
Gary Carson
2006-10-28 16:26:18 UTC
Post by Mr_Majestic
Post by Edward
Post by Barking Toad
a worthless hypocrite? On the thread- sort of off topic about Christians- he
says of Mother Teresa," I'll bash that worthless hypocrite".
If you read one word at a time and can only comprehend five words
without having to restart your thought process, then of course you're
going to misunderstand and take those fivee words out of context, to
critisize.
What Gary actually said was, "Since she worked for, and provided
support to, a criminal organization in the business of molesting
children, I'll bash that worthless hypocrite".
Gary just likes to bring people down to his own level.
I was trying to be nice to her by not mentioning her practice of encouraging
poor people to have more children, I can only assume to ensure a future supply
of altar boys for the priests.

There's no such thing as a Catholic who's not slime.
Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
b***@aol.com
2006-10-28 17:42:57 UTC
Post by Gary Carson
Post by Mr_Majestic
Post by Edward
Post by Barking Toad
[...]
Gary, Mother Theresa was indoctrinated about birth control regulations
by the church. She was no hypocrite in her life, however. She and the
women in her order lived the lives of the poorest of the poor. They
ate simple food and slept on the floor.

I've read some of her writings and she didn't preach church doctrine,
she preached spiritual values. To her, helping the poor was the same
as helping Jesus. I really feel she was a genuine holy person.

Your bitterness toward the Catholic Church is totally understandable to
me, though. Yes, they condoned and hid the molestation of children for
years, destroying many young lives.
They have a lot to answer for when they finally die, assuming there's
an afterlife.

Even worse than that, however, is the fact they have condemned millions
of people to poverty and disease with their stance on birth control and
abortion. When I got married at the age of 18 (that was common in the
early 50's), I decided not to follow their rules on birth control. It
seemed insane to me not to take control of my body and get pregnant
when the time was right for me and my husband. I figured God gave me
the common sense to decide these matters for myself.

The pity is that more women in poor countries aren't able to do that.
There would be no need for abortions if they had access to good birth
control options.

Barbara Gallamore
Gary Carson

New Feature: Mark All As Read! - http://www.recpoker.com
art_classmn
2006-10-28 20:45:16 UTC
Post by Gary Carson
I was trying to be nice to her by not mentioning her practice of encouraging
poor people to have more children, I can only assume to ensure a future supply
of altar boys for the priests.
There's no such thing as a Catholic who's not slime.
Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com
http://www.slate.com/id/2090083/

Quote from the article:

"Mother Theresa was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of
poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her
life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment
of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of
compulsory reproduction."
Old Wolf
2006-10-29 00:22:20 UTC
Post by art_classmn
"Mother Theresa was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of
poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her
life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment
of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of
compulsory reproduction."
Hah. In my area, birth control is free for poor people. But they
still pop them out like rabbits anyway.

Edward

people.
Dave23