Ok, this was funny.....
Jaffa
2005-10-05 01:49:21 UTC
Check out the following hand history, if you can be bothered and check out
his play. Note he was the chip leader with over half the chips in play and
myself and the other two guys were having a bubble fight (for about ten
minutes now). And note that I have a pic of my partner on Stars.

It doesn't actually have the rest of the conversation so I added it.

PokerStars Game #2728418041: Tournament #13384721, Hold'em No Limit - Level
VII (100/200) - 2005/10/04 - 21:34:21 (ET)
Table '13384721 1' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: rmbmason (1470 in chips)
Seat 2: mrjaffa (1985 in chips)
Seat 5: ChipJake (2400 in chips)
Seat 8: nutboner (7645 in chips)
rmbmason: posts the ante 25
mrjaffa: posts the ante 25
ChipJake: posts the ante 25
nutboner: posts the ante 25
ChipJake: posts small blind 100
nutboner: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mrjaffa [5h Ad]
rmbmason: folds
mrjaffa: raises 400 to 600
ChipJake: folds
nutboner: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Jd Jc 5c]
nutboner: folds
mrjaffa collected 1400 from pot
mrjaffa said, "fold??????"
mrjaffa: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1400 | Rake 0
Board [Jd Jc 5c]
Seat 1: rmbmason folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: mrjaffa (button) collected (1400)
Seat 5: ChipJake (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: nutboner (big blind) folded on the Flop

nutboner said, "a gift, I like your picture and I want chipjake to lose".

Pokerstars will have us done for what looks like collusion!!!
XaQ Morphy
2005-10-05 03:23:01 UTC
Post by Jaffa
Check out the following hand history, if you can be bothered and check out
his play. Note he was the chip leader with over half the chips in play and
myself and the other two guys were having a bubble fight (for about ten
minutes now). And note that I have a pic of my partner on Stars.
It doesn't actually have the rest of the conversation so I added it.
More importantly, did you doctor it?
Post by Jaffa
*** FLOP *** [Jd Jc 5c]
nutboner: folds
mrjaffa collected 1400 from pot
mrjaffa said, "fold??????"
mrjaffa: doesn't show hand
nutboner said, "a gift, I like your picture and I want chipjake to lose".
Pokerstars will have us done for what looks like collusion!!!
That's a pretty good one. Some sites (FullTilt) don't let you open fold.
I've used it maybe twice on UB before. I bet the flop, the guy calls, I
bet the turn, the guy calls, the river hits and I'm playing 5 high, and
it's obvious the guy is going to call, so I open fold. But on the flop
here, this was pretty amusing. Did he win?

Morphy
http://donkeymanifesto.blogspot.com

--------
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
Jaffa
2005-10-05 11:45:34 UTC
Post by XaQ Morphy
More importantly, did you doctor it?
Lol. No I didn't doctor it, I thought someone would think that. I also
thought the rest of the conversation would be showed on the next hand, but
it wasn't.

Just check out my avatar on Stars sometime, not saying my gf is super
stunning (well I think so) but I do have a pic of her on there.

And he did go on to win. I got second. May have made a come back too but his
A2 beat my TT. But I wasn't going to whinge about that ;-) .

By the way, I'm surprised you replied to this being that you killfiled me.
Well I'm glad you didn't.

:-)
XaQ Morphy
2005-10-05 15:02:34 UTC
Post by Jaffa
Lol. No I didn't doctor it, I thought someone would think that. I also
thought the rest of the conversation would be showed on the next hand, but
it wasn't.
Just check out my avatar on Stars sometime, not saying my gf is super
stunning (well I think so) but I do have a pic of her on there.
And he did go on to win. I got second. May have made a come back too but his
A2 beat my TT. But I wasn't going to whinge about that ;-) .
:)
Post by Jaffa
By the way, I'm surprised you replied to this being that you killfiled me.
Well I'm glad you didn't.
You must have slipped through the cracks somewhere :) Honestly, I don't
need to kill file you, just need to avoid situation where it's you vs. the
rest of RGP where you won't listen to others. That should be easy to
avoid, since it happens to rarely here on RGP, right?

------
Jaffa
2005-10-05 17:14:04 UTC
Post by XaQ Morphy
You must have slipped through the cracks somewhere :) Honestly, I don't
need to kill file you, just need to avoid situation where it's you vs. the
rest of RGP where you won't listen to others. That should be easy to
avoid, since it happens to rarely here on RGP, right?
Well I'm not gonna post any more so called bad beats. Unless really
horrific.

:-)
Ian Crorie
2005-10-07 12:38:54 UTC
Post by XaQ Morphy
You must have slipped through the cracks somewhere :) Honestly, I don't
need to kill file you, just need to avoid situation where it's you vs. the
rest of RGP where you won't listen to others. That should be easy to
avoid, since it happens to rarely here on RGP, right?
I'm just waiting for Jaffa and The Steel Sheep to have a heated
disagreement. One of them might have the unusual experience of
having support for their position.
ucladave
2005-10-05 03:53:47 UTC
I've seen that happen quite a few times before, actually once in a small buy in
SNG today. There was a raise preflop, once caller, and this guy called from the
BB. Flop came down something like AQJ rainbow and he folded before the others
could act. I was just imagining this guy sitting there looking at the flop with
his 2-7 offsuit saying to himself, "gotta fold now, I know if they all check
behind me Im gonna bluff. Cant stop myself, fold now, fold now"

Find out all the happenings in Los Angeles Poker
Grab bonus codes for online poker rooms
All at http://www.uclapokerplayers.com/
Your Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
fffurken
2005-10-05 15:18:19 UTC
I was just imagining this guy sitting there looking at the flop with his 2-7 offsuit saying to himself, "gotta fold now, I know if >they all check behind me Im gonna bluff. Cant stop myself, fold now, fold now"
LOL!

But on a more serious point folding out of turn with more than 2 in the
pot is quite rude n'est pas?
Aboo
2005-10-05 16:00:13 UTC
Pstars won't let you fold out of turn, but when it's your turn to act
it will let you fold, just warn you first "Checking is free, are you
SURE you want to fold?"

I've clicked the wrong button a couple of times :P
Aardvark
2005-10-07 13:18:02 UTC
It's often considered rude though to fold to no bet, even in turn, if
more than two players are in the pot. As an example situation, imagine
that one player is on a draw and would like to see a card or two for
free. If you fold and it's now heads up the other player may be more
likely to bluff at the pot or bet a mediocre hand. Had you stayed in
then there was probably a greater chance of it being checked down.

-Tom.