OT: Hotel Rwanda
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-26 06:31:59 UTC
Now I remember why I didn't own a television for several years. I watched
this movie tonight. What a powerful movie, and immensely disturbing. I
don't even remember when this movie came out, and I had to look it up on the
internet. I guess I was so into online gambling in 2005 that I just ignored
everything around me. I cannot believe this did not win an Academy Award.
I don't know what it was up against in that year, but for my money it should
have been no contest.

Anyone want a television set? Cheap?

http://www.unitedartists.com/hotelrwanda/main.html
Clave
2010-02-26 06:42:27 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Now I remember why I didn't own a television for several years. I watched
this movie tonight. What a powerful movie, and immensely disturbing. I
don't even remember when this movie came out, and I had to look it up on the
internet. I guess I was so into online gambling in 2005 that I just ignored
everything around me. I cannot believe this did not win an Academy Award.
I don't know what it was up against in that year, but for my money it should
have been no contest.
Anyone want a television set? Cheap?
I think it would be better for everyone if you just gouged your eyes out.

$.02,
Jim
Will in New Haven
2010-02-26 14:27:01 UTC
Post by Clave
Now I remember why I didn't own a television for several years.  I watched
this movie tonight.  What a powerful movie, and immensely disturbing.  I
don't even remember when this movie came out, and I had to look it up on the
internet.  I guess I was so into online gambling in 2005 that I just
ignored
everything around me.  I cannot believe this did not win an Academy Award.
I don't know what it was up against in that year, but for my money it should
have been no contest.
Anyone want a television set?  Cheap?
I think it would be better for everyone if you just gouged your eyes out.
Cruel, Jim. Cruel but fair.

Will in New Haven
RazzO
2010-02-26 08:47:34 UTC
Wow! Great film. Don Cheadle nominated for Best Actor. Nick Nolte was good
in to, too.

I've seen it three times.
Post by Paul Popinjay
Now I remember why I didn't own a television for several years. I watched
this movie tonight. What a powerful movie, and immensely disturbing. I
don't even remember when this movie came out, and I had to look it up on the
internet. I guess I was so into online gambling in 2005 that I just ignored
everything around me. I cannot believe this did not win an Academy Award.
I don't know what it was up against in that year, but for my money it should
have been no contest.
Anyone want a television set? Cheap?
http://www.unitedartists.com/hotelrwanda/main.html
RazzO

What constitutes the standard of good morals? Is it not Christianity?
There certainly is none other. Say that cannot be appealed to and...what
would be good morals? The day of moral virtue in which we live would, in
an instant, if that standard were abolished, lapse into the dark and murky
night of pagan immorality.

– City Council of Charleston v. Benjamin (1848)

Paul Popinjay
2010-02-26 09:12:16 UTC
Post by RazzO
Wow! Great film. Don Cheadle nominated for Best Actor. Nick Nolte was good
in to, too.
I've seen it three times.
Yes, Don Cheadle was excellent. I went ahead and looked up what movie won
the awards in 2005, and apparently it was Ray, with Jamie Foxx. I did not
see that, of course, as I never see anything. But I cannot imagine it
deserving the award more than this movie about a million people being
slaughtered in Rwanda. It reminded me of Killing Fields, and of Schindler's
List. These are stories that need to be told. I know they've been told,
but they need to be told MORE! Dumb asses like Clave apparently just don't
fucking get it. And Chris Robin too, for that matter. Which reminds me,
just think back about all the movies there are about Nazi Germany and the
atrocites out of that. And then count on one hand any movies that might
have touched on the subject of mass murder by the Soviets, or by Mao Tse
Tung. Or how about Che Guevara, and all the people he personally murdered?
And they make a fucking hero out of that scumbag. I mean, young people are
walking around with that mutherfucker's picture on their t-shirt.

Anyway, as I said, Hotel Rwanda was power, and very very disturbing to me.
Glad I watched it. I don't know why I didn't see it before, except I know I
had my head in the sand during 2005, playing online poker 'round the clock,
taking a break to piss and shower once in awhile.
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-26 09:15:58 UTC
that should be "powerful", of course.
RazzO

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
Paul Popinjay
2010-03-02 08:14:20 UTC
Post by RazzO
Paul, you have to see Ray. Another great work by Jamie Foxx.
I hope he was better in that than he was just now on the Tonight Show with
Jay Leno. Gosh, what a hyped up pretentious and annoying phony. I just
turned it off, I can't take it.
Mrs Iris Mike
2010-02-26 16:16:43 UTC
Post by RazzO
[...]
How about when they got rid of the central bank, and the intelectual
elite? "The Killing Fields" was a great movie.

Speaking of glorifying ethnic cleansing, why do we have Andrew
Jackson's picture on our currency? A good account can be seen with
"The Trail of Tears: Cherokee Legacy"

"Dances With Wolves" is another good movie that documents America's
holocaust.

Nearly one hundred years after the US proclaimed, "all men are
created equal", we outlawed slavery. Even though slave-like conditions
existed for many years after, we seem to forget. That's why I would
recommend the miniseries Roots.

Yes indeed, it is difficult to look at man's inhumanity to man, but
it is even more difficult to look at our own inhumanity.

The lesson to be learned from the Jewish holocaust is, "Never
again!!!". Yet, genocide continues and America makes money selling to
both sides.

Currently there is a nice little genocide going on in Darfur. Of
course, it isn't as meanigful because the people involved aren't
White, but they did make a movie about it starring the same Don
Cheadle you seemed to like in the other movie.
Deadmoney Walking
2010-02-26 17:18:49 UTC
Post by RazzO
[...]
Generally there needs to be some political exigiency in documenting a
human rights atrocity in a popular film. Hotel Rwanda had an explicit
finger wagging toward the US and the UN for not doing more. Of course
if we sent in forces the same people would blame us for imperialism.

Anyway it was a good movie with great acting by Cheadle, I had no idea
that that wasn't his real accent.
ChrisRobin

Paul Popinjay
2010-02-26 19:46:43 UTC
Post by ChrisRobin
Get what, sweetie?
See?
RUStupid Mark
Neither does Ray!
Paul Popinjay
2010-03-02 07:13:23 UTC
Post by RUStupid Mark
Neither does Ray!
Mark, you a-hole. I suppose next you're going to start telling Helen Keller
jokes.

Hey, btw, I have something I want to email to you. Where should I send it?
RUStupid Mark
2010-03-02 20:27:08 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by RUStupid Mark
Neither does Ray!
Mark, you a-hole. I suppose next you're going to start telling Helen
Keller jokes.
Why were Helen Kellers hands purple?
She heard it thru the grapevine.

How do you get her to keep a secret?
Break her fingers!
***@earthlink.net

lvdlrs
2010-02-28 04:51:51 UTC
Post by RazzO
Wow! Great film. Don Cheadle nominated for Best Actor. Nick Nolte was good
in to, too.
Don Cheadle was playing rush poker last night on Full Tilt.

Gary (...) Philips

----
idjut
2010-02-26 19:12:50 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Now I remember why I didn't own a television for several years. I watched
this movie tonight. What a powerful movie, and immensely disturbing. I
don't even remember when this movie came out, and I had to look it up on the
internet. I guess I was so into online gambling in 2005 that I just ignored
everything around me. I cannot believe this did not win an Academy Award.
I don't know what it was up against in that year, but for my money it should
have been no contest.
Anyone want a television set? Cheap?
http://www.unitedartists.com/hotelrwanda/main.html
Yup, after watching that movie, living in America feels pretty good.
Thank goodness we don't live in a country where just getting through the
day alive is a major achievement.

Blood Diamond is another good one for why living in America is great no
matter which side of the political isle you reside on.

----
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 03:48:57 UTC
Post by idjut
Yup, after watching that movie, living in America feels pretty good.
Thank goodness we don't live in a country where just getting through the
day alive is a major achievement.
It can happen here. Don't think it cannot. In fact, it must happen here if
they are to succeed in transforming our country into a region of the New
World Order. There can be no easy transformation. It took a reduction of
60 million people before the Red Chinese could transform their country into
a "people's republic". And don't think that there are no Americans that
would turn on their fellow Americans as the Hutus turned on the Tutsi.
First of all, they are bringing in so many different people into this
country who are not Americans and have no particular allegiance to the
principles our Founders fought for. But it's not just the imports who could
carry out a reign of terror, we already have home-grown types who will
require very little instigation. Think I'm crazy? Well here was a test
case, right here in America. A trial run.

Alim Nassor
2010-02-27 04:05:15 UTC
Post by idjut
[...]
http://youtu.be/Kw2pRnBgeBU
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil. Under the command of Douglas MacArthur,
George Patton and Dwight Eisenhower led troops in an attack where they
killed and maimed men, women and children in Washington D.C. They
used tanks and cavalry troops.

If you doubt that, Google "Bonus Army"

Don't think it can't happen again.
Clave
2010-02-27 04:18:04 UTC
"Alim Nassor" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8e819b64-b014-4af9-b520-***@t17g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?

If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.

Jim
Alim Nassor
2010-02-27 04:22:06 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
True, but guard troops are probably by nature less disciplined. The
Bonus Army massacre was planned and carried out by the highest levels
of the army.
Clave
2010-02-27 04:53:48 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
True, but guard troops are probably by nature less disciplined. The
Bonus Army massacre was planned and carried out by the highest levels
of the army.

They neither planned nor committed a "massacre".

Jim
Alim Nassor
2010-02-27 04:23:29 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
What overstatement are you talking about. Casualties estimates range
from 4 to "numerous. I don't think there has ever been an official
count. When the Army uses tanks and cavalry against citizens, and
burns out their camp, that qualifies as attacked and killed.
Clave
2010-02-27 04:55:30 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
What overstatement are you talking about. Casualties estimates range
from 4 to "numerous. I don't think there has ever been an official
count. When the Army uses tanks and cavalry against citizens, and
burns out their camp, that qualifies as attacked and killed.

Your interpretation of the event is pretty fucking one-sided.

Jim
Alim Nassor
2010-02-27 13:45:56 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
What overstatement are you talking about.  Casualties estimates range
from 4 to "numerous.  I don't think there has ever been an official
count.  When the Army uses tanks and cavalry against citizens, and
burns out their camp, that qualifies as attacked and killed.
Your interpretation of the event is pretty fucking one-sided.
Jim
Not at all. The veterans were unarmed. When you use tanks and
cavalry against unarmed protesters and burn out their camp without
regard to the safety of wives and children and people die, then my
interpretation is correct.

Here is wha happened according to Wikipedia.

On July 28, U.S. Attorney General Mitchell ordered the veterans
removed from all government property. Washington police met with
resistance, shots were fired and two veterans were killed. President
Hoover then ordered the army to clear out the veterans. The infantry
and cavalry were supported by six tanks, and commanded by Army Chief
of Staff General Douglas MacArthur. General, later President, Dwight
D. Eisenhower was his liaison with Washington police, and Major George
Patton led the cavalry. The Bonus Army, their wives and children were
driven out with fixed bayonets and adamsite gas, an arsenical vomiting
agent, and their shelters and belongings burned. Two more of the
veterans, and an unknown number of babies and children, died (accounts
range from one to "a number" of casualties).

Here is another description.
http://www.historynet.com/the-bonus-army-war-in-washington.htm

Hoover, upset by the continued presence of the Bonus Marchers, now had
the excuse he was looking for to expel them from the capital. He
directed Secretary Hurley to unleash MacArthur, who received the
following instruction: 'You will have United States troops proceed
immediately to the scene of the disorder. Surround the affected area
and clear it without delay. Any women and children should be accorded
every consideration and kindness. Use all humanity consistent with the
execution of this order.'

Not surprisingly, MacArthur now executed his orders in a manner
seemingly designed to maximize media attention. In a highly unusual
but characteristic decision — one purportedly against the advice of
his aide, 42-year-old Major Dwight Eisenhower — he chose to oversee
the operations in the field with the troops. Military protocol called
for a commanding officer to remain at headquarters. This was
especially true for MacArthur, whose post was administrative rather
than operational. So while he charged General Perry Miles with
carrying out the eviction, MacArthur assumed the real responsibility.
Although no other situation offers an exact comparison, MacArthur's
action was as if General Maxwell Taylor, the head of the Joint Chiefs
of Staff in 1963, had led National Guard troops to the University of
Alabama to confront Alabama Governor George Wallace.

Having driven the veterans from the downtown area, MacArthur had
fulfilled his mission. But whether his blood was up, or he merely
sensed a need to inflict a coup de grâce against the purported
Communist element — an enemy he considered more insidious than
disgruntled veterans — MacArthur did not rest on his laurels. He
ordered his troops to advance upon the 11th Street bridge leading to
Anacostia Flats. Someone, waving a white shirt as a flag of truce,
came racing across to plea for time to evacuate the women and
children. MacArthur granted an hour's reprieve.

Though accounts differ, the president now seemed suddenly to exhibit
an untimely case of nerves. Fearing repercussions, he twice sent word
that the Army was not to cross the bridge. MacArthur refused to
listen, saying he hadn't time to be bothered by people coming down and
pretending to bring orders. He sent the troops across against explicit
instructions. Using more gas, the soldiers moved into Bonus City. Its
occupants fled in terror, refugees rousted from their pitiful camp.

'One of the soldiers threw a bomb,' said one woman hiding in a nearby
house with her family. '…[W]e all began to cry. We got wet towels and
put them over the faces of the children. About half an hour later my
baby began to vomit. I took her outside in the air and she vomited
again. Next day she began to turn black and blue and we took her to
the hospital.' Either veterans or soldiers torched the entire area —
no one knows for sure. In the confusion, one baby was left behind,
dead from gas inhalation.

Endeavoring to eliminate any doubt as to his motives, MacArthur next
conducted an impromptu press conference — a job more appropriately
left to civilian authorities. The conference allowed the general to
expound on the claim that Reds had concocted the riot, the president's
safety was at stake, and the government was threatened with
insurrection. Describing the mob, MacArthur said: 'It was animated by
the essence of revolution. They had come to the conclusion, beyond a
shadow of a doubt, that they were about to take over in some arbitrary
way either the direct control of the government or else to control it
by indirect methods. It is my opinion that had the president let it go
on another week the institutions of our government would have been
very severely threatened.' It was a masterful performance. In praising
the president and war secretary, MacArthur nearly absolved himself of
responsibility — perhaps a calculated move.

Hoover watched the red glow of the bonfire at Anacostia Flats from a
White House window. If he had second thoughts, he didn't include them
in his record of the event; and in any case, it was too late.
MacArthur's boldness had boxed him into a corner. The president's best
option now was to vigorously support the general.

Tell me again how my interpretation is "one sided"
Clave
2010-02-27 19:24:53 UTC
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
What overstatement are you talking about. Casualties estimates range
from 4 to "numerous. I don't think there has ever been an official
count. When the Army uses tanks and cavalry against citizens, and
burns out their camp, that qualifies as attacked and killed.
Your interpretation of the event is pretty fucking one-sided.
Jim
Not at all...

Your description that the US military "planned and carried out" a "massacre"
is nothing short of hysterical.

Jim
Alim Nassor
2010-02-28 04:41:16 UTC
Post by Clave
Post by Clave
<...>
Post by Alim Nassor
The American military has actually attacked and killed American
citizens on American soil...
"Attacked and killed" is rather an overstatement there, yah?
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Jim
What overstatement are you talking about. Casualties estimates range
from 4 to "numerous. I don't think there has ever been an official
count. When the Army uses tanks and cavalry against citizens, and
burns out their camp, that qualifies as attacked and killed.
Your interpretation of the event is pretty fucking one-sided.
Jim
Not at all...
Your description that the US military "planned and carried out" a "massacre"
is nothing short of hysterical.
Jim- Hide quoted text -
Hey dumbass, how many have to die for it to be a massacre? If I
recall correctly there were 5 killed in the Boston Massacre. Since
the estimates range from 4 to "numerous, I'd say this qualifies.
Clave
2010-02-28 05:50:06 UTC
"Alim Nassor" <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5e32e072-e817-4785-ae0d-***@s25g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 27, 2:24 pm, "Clave" <***@cablespeed.com>
wrote:

<...>
Post by Clave
Your description that the US military "planned and carried out" a "massacre"
is nothing short of hysterical.
Hey dumbass, how many have to die for it to be a massacre? If I
recall correctly there were 5 killed in the Boston Massacre. Since
the estimates range from 4 to "numerous, I'd say this qualifies.

*yawn*

Gosh, when *I* looked it up (at your invitation), accounts ranged from *one*
to 'a number' of casualties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

I'm not condoning or defending what was done, just pointing and laughing at
your hysterical, pants-pissing hyperbole describing it, and your hilariously
typical subsequent defensiveness.

And your claim that they "planned" the "massacre" borders on outright lying,
since you can't prove (and I don't believe) they intended to kill anyone.

Jim
Alim Nassor
2010-02-28 06:08:04 UTC
<...>
Post by Clave
[...]
Nothing hysterical about it, it probably just seems that way to you
since you are a coward.

Again, if you bring in tanks, cavalry and poison gas to use against
unarmed civilians, then some planning was done, don't you think? Or
did they just use what was handy in DC at the moment.

I've studied many accounts of the Bonus Army, you had probably never
even heard of it before.

Remember, yellow streak out coward.
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 20:19:14 UTC
Post by Alim Nassor
Tell me again how my interpretation is "one sided"
Alim, who is one-sided? I think we know now what this usenet kook and
100-thousand-postings freak's little game is. Do you think there would be
any argument forthcoming from Clave if we were talking about the police
breaking up a bunch of long-hairs in some park in Berkeley?
Alim Nassor
2010-02-28 04:39:14 UTC
Post by Alim Nassor
Tell me again how my interpretation is "one sided"
Alim, who is one-sided?  I think we know now what this usenet kook and
100-thousand-postings freak's little game is.  Do you think there would be
any argument forthcoming from Clave if we were talking about the police
breaking up a bunch of long-hairs in some park in Berkeley?
My thoughts exactly. MacArthur planned and carried out an attack on
US citizens and killed and maimed many. Clave is kinda like Beldin,
never able to admit he was wrong.
Beldin the Sorcerer

Neither one of you admits when you're wrong.
risky biz
2010-02-28 05:59:46 UTC
Post by Alim Nassor
Post by Alim Nassor
Tell me again how my interpretation is "one sided"
Alim, who is one-sided?  I think we know now what this usenet kook and
100-thousand-postings freak's little game is.  Do you think there would be
any argument forthcoming from Clave if we were talking about the police
breaking up a bunch of long-hairs in some park in Berkeley?
My thoughts exactly. MacArthur planned and carried out an attack on
US citizens and killed and maimed many. Clave is kinda like Beldin,
never able to admit he was wrong.
I don't care if Clave is right or wrong but I wish you two guys could come
up with something a little more coherent. So, if there's rioting and
mayhem in south central LA we shouldn't call in the US military because
they can't be trusted? What's that leave us with- small town beat cops
like Jerry Sturdivant and Alim Nassor? This is very confusing.

--------
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-28 06:14:37 UTC
Post by risky biz
I don't care if Clave is right or wrong but I wish you two guys could come
up with something a little more coherent. So, if there's rioting and
mayhem in south central LA we shouldn't call in the US military because
they can't be trusted? What's that leave us with- small town beat cops
like Jerry Sturdivant and Alim Nassor? This is very confusing.
I think the cops should have left Rodney King alone, and beat the fuck out
of Clave instead.
Clave
2010-02-28 06:24:53 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by risky biz
I don't care if Clave is right or wrong but I wish you two guys could come
up with something a little more coherent. So, if there's rioting and
mayhem in south central LA we shouldn't call in the US military because
they can't be trusted? What's that leave us with- small town beat cops
like Jerry Sturdivant and Alim Nassor? This is very confusing.
I think the cops should have left Rodney King alone, and beat the fuck out
of Clave instead.
Funny, but I'm not even *trying* to be right about anything. I'm just
pointing and laughing.

At the moment, that'd be at you.

But RB has a point, Poopy -- maybe you should take it a bit more seriously.

Jim
ps -- I win again.
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 04:26:20 UTC
Post by Clave
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Oh sure, bring up Kent State. Are the authorities just supposed to stand
there and get bricks thrown at them? And what were those "students" doing
at Kent State? Having a picnic?

Only in America can people throw garbage cans at the police and get away
with it. Yet people like you and Chris Robin always look to blame America,
yet turn a blind eye towards the way other countries handle their trouble
makers. In this following display please explain to me why these savages do
not deserve to be mowed down. Only in America can they get away with this
shit.

Clave
2010-02-27 04:56:15 UTC
Post by Clave
If you want "Attacked and killed," there's little reason to look further
into the past than Kent State.
Oh sure, bring up Kent State...
Since it's perfectly fucking germane, I fucking well will, smeg you very
much.

Jim
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 05:06:11 UTC
Post by Clave
Since it's perfectly fucking germane, I fucking well will,
Well certainly, we expect you to edit what I actually wrote, you
disingenuous fraud. I asked you what the "students" were doing at Kent
State. Were they having a picnic? Whatever they were doing, I guarantee
you they had more balls than you ever had as a student, Clave. I am quite
sure you are an arm-chair revolutionary, and would be calling for mommy at
the first sniff of tear gas.
Clave
2010-02-27 05:18:29 UTC
Post by Clave
Since it's perfectly fucking germane, I fucking well will,
Well certainly, we expect you to edit what I actually wrote...
I didn't "edit" any more than simply cutting the parts that were even
stupider than the stupid shit I bothered to reply to.

Jim
Deadmoney Walking
2010-02-27 11:14:56 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by Clave
Since it's perfectly fucking germane, I fucking well will,
Well certainly, we expect you to edit what I actually wrote, you
disingenuous fraud.  I asked you what the "students" were doing at Kent
State.  Were they having a picnic?  Whatever they were doing, I guarantee
you they had more balls than you ever had as a student, Clave.  I am quite
sure you are an arm-chair revolutionary, and would be calling for mommy at
the first sniff of tear gas.
According to the documentary the mistake the police made was
surrounding and boxing in the crowd. You are supposed to only
approach from 3 or fewer sides so they have a direction to disperse
in.
ChrisRobin
2010-02-27 08:44:50 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Only in America can people throw garbage cans at the police and get away
with it. Yet people like you and Chris Robin always look to blame America,
yet turn a blind eye towards the way other countries handle their trouble
makers.
Give me shout when you're done making shit up, okay PP?

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com
Clave
2010-02-27 08:35:23 UTC
Post by ChrisRobin
Post by Paul Popinjay
Only in America can people throw garbage cans at the police and get away
with it. Yet people like you and Chris Robin always look to blame America,
yet turn a blind eye towards the way other countries handle their trouble
makers.
Give me shout when you're done making shit up, okay PP?
He's exaggerating his self-importance even more than usual lately.

Imagine that.

Jim
risky biz
2010-02-27 04:31:07 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by idjut
[...]
Where is that? Did all the police take the day off?

Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 04:33:41 UTC
I don't know where they were. You'll have to ask Pete Wilson.
bub
2010-02-27 04:38:03 UTC
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:33:41 -0800, "Paul Popinjay"
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by risky biz
Post by Paul Popinjay
http://youtu.be/Kw2pRnBgeBU
Where is that? Did all the police take the day off?
I don't know where they were. You'll have to ask Pete Wilson.
ask pete wilson what they did about solving the 50+ killings that day.

oh i forgot, the people were protesting an unjust verdit
bub
verdict too
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 05:00:55 UTC
Post by bub
ask pete wilson what they did about solving the 50+ killings that day.
oh i forgot, the people were protesting an unjust verdit
I did not know it was 50 killings in one day. I think you may have that
wrong, perhaps it was 50 killed during the whole thing, over several days.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember.

Please tell me what is different from what the Hutus did in Rwanda, and what
these animals did in Los Angeles.

"At the same intersection, .... another beating was captured on video tape.
Fidel Lopez, a self-employed construction worker and Guatemalan immigrant,
was ripped from his truck and robbed of nearly $2,000. Damian Williams
smashed his forehead open with a car stereo as another rioter attempted to
slice his ear off. After Lopez lost consciousness, the crowd spray painted
his chest, torso and genitals black."
bub
2010-02-27 08:07:35 UTC
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:00:55 -0800, "Paul Popinjay"
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by bub
ask pete wilson what they did about solving the 50+ killings that day.
oh i forgot, the people were protesting an unjust verdit
I did not know it was 50 killings in one day. I think you may have that
wrong, perhaps it was 50 killed during the whole thing, over several days.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember.
you're right it was 53 total for the riot
Post by Paul Popinjay
"At the same intersection, .... another beating was captured on video tape.
Fidel Lopez, a self-employed construction worker and Guatemalan immigrant,
was ripped from his truck and robbed of nearly $2,000. Damian Williams
smashed his forehead open with a car stereo as another rioter attempted to
slice his ear off. After Lopez lost consciousness, the crowd spray painted
his chest, torso and genitals black."
but the murder of 53 people was justified by some

"I am African first. I am black first. I want what's good for me and
my people first. And if my survival means your total destruction, then
so be it. You built this wicked system. They say two wrongs don't make
it right, but it damn sure makes it even."
Sister Souljah

"The L.A. riots were triggered when a jury refused to find white
police officers guilty, although they were shown on a widely seen
videotape to have beaten a speeding black motorist to within an inch
of his life. They continued beating him after he had stopped resisting
and was lying on the ground. Unaccountably unprepared for the ensuing
mayhem, 4 the police tried to control it only after it became
uncontrollable."
Southern California Law Review
Paul Popinjay
2010-02-27 20:42:12 UTC
Post by bub
"I am African first. I am black first. I want what's good for me and
my people first. And if my survival means your total destruction, then
so be it. You built this wicked system. They say two wrongs don't make
it right, but it damn sure makes it even."
Sister Souljah
Ahh, Sister Souljah. Man, that really brings back memories. I've never
used the "c-word" on this newsgroup before, but.....
Uh huh, yeah, he was a black "motorist". A MOTORIST!
Jerry Sturdivant
2010-02-27 15:01:18 UTC
Post by Paul Popinjay
Post by bub
ask pete wilson what they did about solving the 50+ killings that day.
oh i forgot, the people were protesting an unjust verdit
I did not know it was 50 killings in one day. I think you may have that
wrong, perhaps it was 50 killed during the whole thing, over several days.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember.
A friend of mine was a deputy sheriff in the LA riots. He and another deputy
would arrest rioters and lock them up at a central location, which was a
freezer in the back of a grocery store (power out, freezer not cold). He
said they had between 10 and 15 rioters there and went out for more. About
three or four hours later they came back to load up the prisoners in a paddy
wagon and found the building burned to the ground. They simply drove on
by...

Jerry 'n Vegas
number6
2010-02-26 20:10:22 UTC
Now I remember why I didn't own a television for several years.  I watched
this movie tonight.  What a powerful movie, and immensely disturbing.  I
don't even remember when this movie came out, and I had to look it up on the
internet.  I guess I was so into online gambling in 2005 that I just ignored
everything around me.  I cannot believe this did not win an Academy Award.
I don't know what it was up against in that year, but for my money it should
have been no contest.
Anyone want a television set?  Cheap?
http://www.unitedartists.com/hotelrwanda/main.html
Was that the one where the Hooters were killing the Titties ??

Great movie ...
Pepe Papon
2010-02-27 07:40:17 UTC
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:31:59 -0800, "Paul Popinjay"
Post by Paul Popinjay
Anyone want a television set? Cheap?
Big screen hi def?
--