OT "somebody" at my company just sent this BS email to the whole company about global warming
brewmaster
2009-10-19 22:53:00 UTC
Join a really important effort to stop global warming at www.350.org. It's
a new global campaign focused on making sure the world takes the kind of
big, bold, fast action that we need to solve this crisis.

Here's the situation:

- The science of climate change is getting darker by the day. The Arctic
is melting away with astonishing speed, decades ahead of schedule.
Everything on the planet seems to be melting or burning, rising or
parched. No surprise there--scientists tell us that the safe level of
carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is 350 parts per million, and we're at
389 and rising.

- But there's good news: we're not cooked yet, and THIS YEAR we have an
opportunity to make a real impact. In December, the nations of the world
will be meeting to craft a global treaty designed to help the world act
together to solve global warming. The terms of this treaty may well
determine whether we actually save the planet from climate change, so it's
up to all of us to make sure we get it right.

- But nobody's going to do it for us--we all need to step up here. Here's
how you can help: people all over the world are coming together to create
an International Day of Action on October 24th through the website
350.org. The goal is to take a united stand to get the planet--and
ourselves--back to 350 out of this huge mess. If we're loud enough all
over the world, we can really make a difference.

- We need as many events as possible, all over the world! You can
register your event at http://www.350.org/oct24

- Why 350? Find out in this fun 90-second video clip:
http://www.350.org/animation

Thanks everyone--with your help, 2009 is going to be BIG.

Brew
--
Hatred is purity...weakness is disease!
Foreign Policy

K9way
2009-10-19 23:15:47 UTC
Post by brewmaster
[...]
http://youtu.be/sOCcbKAhlY0
Do you honestly believe that we can just continue what we are doing to the
Earth and environment without some concerns for the future ?

Just when you think that youve been gypped ..the bearded lady comes and
does a double back flip!!! John Hiatt in "Buffalo River Home"

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com
brewmaster
2009-10-19 23:20:39 UTC
Post by K9way
Post by brewmaster
[...]
Yes. We are already doing tons of good things to stop polluting the
environment as much as we used to. There hasn't been a "smog alert" in
L.A. since I was in high school, and we used to have them all the time.
We don't need these stupid scare tactics, and the U.S. is doing more to
clean up the world then the rest of the world combined. Why do we have to
pay all the penalties?

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
K9way
2009-10-20 14:08:38 UTC
Post by brewmaster
Post by K9way
Do you honestly believe that we can just continue what we are doing to the
Earth and environment without some concerns for the future ?
Yes. We are already doing tons of good things to stop polluting the
environment as much as we used to. There hasn't been a "smog alert" in
L.A. since I was in high school, and we used to have them all the time.
We don't need these stupid scare tactics, and the U.S. is doing more to
clean up the world then the rest of the world combined. Why do we have to
pay all the penalties?
So then , there are no concerns about our future and the future of the
environment

--------
da pickle
2009-10-19 23:16:20 UTC
"K9way"
Post by K9way
Do you honestly believe that we can just continue what we are doing to the
Earth and environment without some concerns for the future ?
Who is "we" and exactly what are "we doing" and who does not have "some"
concern for the future?
Jason Pawloski
2009-10-19 23:45:01 UTC
Post by da pickle
"K9way"
Post by K9way
Do you honestly believe that we can just continue what we are doing to the
Earth and environment without some concerns for the future ?
Who is "we"
neocon racists (aka all republicans)
Post by da pickle
and exactly what are "we doing"
not supporting business-crippling anti-climate measures
Post by da pickle
and who does not have "some" concern for the future?
neocon racists (aka all republicans)

--
Voted RGP's Stupidest Poster on 3/22/09

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

-----
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
Tad Perry
2009-10-20 00:25:41 UTC
Post by brewmaster
[...]
This is why the political approach to Global Climate Change(TM) is so
stupid.

If it takes government to dictate individual behavior on this matter, then
we're already sunk. Each individual him and herself must be *motivated* to
change how they live or this problem will not be solved. That's assuming you
even *believe* we have a problem!

tvp
Raider Fan
2009-10-20 14:17:41 UTC
Post by brewmaster
Join a really important effort to stop global warming at www.350.org. It's
a new global campaign focused on making sure the world takes the kind of
big, bold, fast action that we need to solve this crisis.
I'm surprised this can happen at your company. Most companies limit
access to the All Staff distribution list to a very small group.

"This has got to be some sports-related crap, that's all Raiderfan gives a
fuck about." -- Paul Popinjay 2/27/09

---