Has the RGPM call for vote occurred yet?
sherman
2004-05-07 20:40:14 UTC
If so, how do I vote? I searched for RGPM call, RGPM vote, and call
for vote but I didn't see where the actual call was put out. I did see
a posting about the vote being during WSOP.

Thank you;

Sherman
Gary Leddering

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Kevin Mathers

foldem
2004-05-07 21:23:06 UTC
Post by sherman
If so, how do I vote? I searched for RGPM call, RGPM vote, and call
for vote but I didn't see where the actual call was put out. I did see
a posting about the vote being during WSOP.
For the full CFV (Call for Votes), which includes the proposed group's
charter including rationale and posting and moderation guidelines, see
http://www.uvv.org/cgi-bin/getmsg/2768
or news:***@isc.org

Best,

Peter
RGP BAAP 2002/03
"There are no strangers at BARGE, just friends we haven't met yet"
DennyLynch
2004-05-07 22:12:19 UTC
Hurry--only 11 more days to stuff the box with fake YES ballots--whoops, I mean
"to vote."
PrestoET
2004-05-08 02:29:04 UTC
Post by foldem
Post by sherman
If so, how do I vote? I searched for RGPM call, RGPM vote, and call
for vote but I didn't see where the actual call was put out. I did see
a posting about the vote being during WSOP.
For the full CFV (Call for Votes), which includes the proposed group's
charter including rationale and posting and moderation guidelines, see
http://www.uvv.org/cgi-bin/getmsg/2768
Best,
Peter
RGP BAAP 2002/03
"There are no strangers at BARGE, just friends we haven't met yet"
Neither link works.
I don't want to read a bunch of crap, I just want to vote damn it!
Where the hell do I vote.
Jeesh...

ET
RMITCHCOLL
From: David E. Smith ***@technopagan.org
Date: 5/7/2004 12:25 AM Eastern Standard Time

LAST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
moderated group rec.gambling.poker.moderated

Newsgroups line:
rec.gambling.poker.moderated Poker discussion group. (Moderated)

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 18 May 2004.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party. Questions
about the proposed group should be directed to the proponent.

Proponent: Rich McComas <***@holdemsecrets.com>
Votetaker: David E. Smith <***@technopagan.org>

RATIONALE: rec.gambling.poker.moderated

This group is proposed as a moderated global forum for the discussion of
poker-related topics, such as but not limited to, strategies, news,
events, personalities, resources, venues, culture, education and
information. The group is a moderated subgroup of rec.gambling.poker
(RGP), which has averaged more than 750 posts per day so far in 2004,
and was, in February 2004, the third largest highest volume newsgroup in
the entire Big 8 newsgroup hierarchy.

A moderated group is required as RGP is at risk of losing the interest
of participants who cannot afford to wade through more than 20,000 posts
per month, much of which are repetitive, off-topic or
advertising-oriented. The new moderated group will be open to all
levels of poker players, but is expected to be more attractive to
experienced players who tend to use and understand poker-specific
vocabulary and who have limited time to participate in newsgroups.

The growth of RGP is explosive, averaging 288 posts/day in 2002, 456
posts/day in 2003, and 757 posts/day through March of 2004. Due to the
strong loyalties of many RGP posters, and the availability of numerous
RGP web front-ends, it is unlikely that the new moderated group would
become the primary poker newsgroup. If the moderated group attracts
5-10% of the RGP audience, then the group would receive about 40-80
submissions per day.

CHARTER: rec.gambling.poker.moderated

rec.gambling.poker.moderated is a moderated newsgroup for discussion
of poker strategies, news, events, personalities, resources, venues,
culture, education and information.

Posting Guidelines:

1) Posts must be on poker-related topics such as, but not limited to,
strategies, news, events, personalities, resources, culture, venues,
education and information.

2) Posts which obviously have the primary intent of trolling or flaming
or stalking or attacking the character of another poster will be
rejected. Posters must not include private information (like phone
numbers, private email addresses, SSN, place of employment, User ID,
confidential emails, etc) of other parties. Flooding or bombing the
newsgroup or any other form of net abuse will result in the poster being
immediately suspended.

3) Posts may include clearly described links to websites or personal
pages that contain relevant and on-topic information. Signatures may be
up to four lines long and of customary width. Posts that are, in the
opinion of the moderator, primarily intended to solicit business, sell a
product, or further some commercial purpose, will be rejected.

4) Posting of binary file attachments is restricted. When possible,
very large lists and databases and extensive articles should be archived
elsewhere, and a link to the download site included in the post.

5) Some crossposting may be allowed, at the discretion of the
moderators.

6) No specific opinions, strategies, or contributors will be given
preferential treatment, nor will serious posts that adhere to these
guidelines be arbitrarily rejected.

7) Posters are asked to post their comments on thread if a thread exists
on their topic within the past week. Posts may be rejected if they do
not contribute any new discussion to an ongoing thread, including "me
too" posts, posts with excessive quoted text, repetitive posts, or posts
addressing a single reader that could be sent via email. Posts may also
be rejected because they ask questions that were answered recently in
the group or which have answers available in FAQs or other on-line
resources.

Moderation Policy:

A. The moderators have a non-legal but nevertheless good-faith duty to
approve submissions that are within the charter and the posting
guidelines, and may use whatever scripts or procedures they believe are
necessary to best achieve that goal.

B. Submissions from moderators go through the same approval process as
submissions from non-moderators. Moderators cannot approve their own
posts or add themselves to the express posting list.

C. The moderators will post the posting guidelines plus any changes to
the moderation procedure on the group FAQ and make them available upon
request.

D. New and replacement moderators shall be approved by a majority vote
of the current moderators, and may be added whenever the moderators feel
it is in the best interest of the group. Moderators may resign at any
time; they may also be removed by a 2/3 majority vote of the other
moderators.

E. In cases where a poster using the "express posting" mechanism
violates the posting guidelines, the moderators will respond in a manner
that seems appropriate to the level of offense: they may send a warning
to the poster, issue a public disavowal that the article does not meet
posting guidelines, and/or revoke express posting status for an
appropriate probationary period. Posters given express posting status
agree to this provision, along with the group's other posting
guidelines, as a condition of becoming an express poster.

F. Individuals who believe a moderator has unfairly rejected a post can
appeal to the entire team of moderators. The moderators will then make
a majority decision as to whether it will be allowed to be re-posted.

G. The moderators will use the following initial moderation procedure,
which incorporates robo-moderation. These procedures are subject to
change by majority vote of the moderators.

* Initial robo-moderation (pre-screening)

All submissions will be initially checked by the robo-moderation script,
which will take the following actions, in the specified order:

1. Articles that fail automated spam tests or keyword filters will be
held or rejected.

2. Articles which include binaries will be stripped of their
attachments and held for human moderation.

3. Articles which are cross-posted to more than three groups will be
rejected.

4. Articles from posters who are not on the express posting list
(including anonymous posters) will be forwarded for human moderation.

5. Articles submitted by posters on the express posting list will be
automatically approved and posted.

* Express Posting

1. Posters who are not on the watch-list or the block-list may be added
to the express posting list by any moderator, generally after the poster
has submitted at least two consecutive posts within the posting
guidelines.

2. Anonymous and generic email addresses which are shared by multiple
posters are not eligible for express posting.

3. Any poster who submits inappropriate posts may be temporarily removed
from express posting by any moderator who judges that the poster is not
following the posting guidelines. A different moderator will be
required to manually reject the posts, and make a determination to
either keep the poster on the watch-list or reinstate the poster. Once
removed from express posting, a poster can request reinstatement after
five more posts which are within the posting guidelines. Reinstatement
to express posting requires acceptance by two of the moderators.

4. A poster may be moved to a block-list after three consecutive posts
fail to meet the posting guidelines. Once put on a block-list, poster
can ask to be reinstated after a 30 day period.

5. If possible and if the poster has a valid email address, the
moderators shall attempt to inform posters when their list status is
changed.

* Human moderation

1. Submissions which are designated for human moderation shall be
forwarded to the moderators, who shall approve or reject them in
accordance with the charter. A single vote is enough to accept. Two
votes are required to reject.

2. When possible, any article which is rejected under this provision
shall be returned to the submitter with an appropriate rejection message
which may include suggestions for how the post could be modified in a
way which is likely to increase the chance of approval in the future.

END CHARTER.

MODERATOR INFO: rec.gambling.poker.moderated

Moderator: Patti Beadles <pattib AT gammon.com>
Moderator: Andy Bloch <abloch AT alum.mit.edu>
Moderator: Steve Brecher <steve AT brecher.reno.nv.us>
Moderator: Randy Collack <rmitchcoll AT aol.com>
Moderator: Russell Fox <rcfox AT claytonservices.com>
Moderator: Michael Hunter <mph AT acm.org>
Moderator: Ken Kubey <kubey AT engr.sgi.com>
Moderator: Matt Matros <mattmatros AT hotmail.com>
Moderator: Michael Maurer <mjmaurer AT yahoo.com>
Moderator: Peter Secor <peter AT scfrey.com>
Moderator: Brian Edmonds <brian AT gweep.ca>

Administrative contact address: rec-gambling-poker-moderated-***@gweep.ca
Article submission address: rec-gambling-poker-***@gweep.ca

END MODERATOR INFO.

IMPORTANT VOTING PROCEDURE NOTES: READ THIS BEFORE VOTING

The purpose of a Usenet vote is to determine the genuine interest in
reading the proposed newsgroup, and soliciting votes from uninterested
parties defeats this purpose. Do *not* distribute this CFV; instead,
direct people to the official CFV as posted to news.announce.newgroups.
Distributing specific voting instructions or pre-marked copies of
this CFV is considered vote fraud.

This is a public vote: All email addresses, names and votes will be
listed in the final RESULT post. The name used may be either a real
name or an established Usenet handle.

At most one vote is allowed per person or per account. Duplicate
votes will be resolved in favor of the most recent valid vote.

Voters must mail their ballots directly to the votetaker. Anonymous,
forwarded, or proxy votes are not valid, nor are votes mailed from
WWW/HTML/CGI forms (which should not exist). Votes from nonexistent
accounts or with munged, spam-blocked, or undeliverable addresses are
invalid and will NOT be counted. Votes sent from addresses with a
challenge-response system in place will not be counted if the votetaker
receives a "challenge" message.

Please direct any questions to the votetaker at <***@technopagan.org>

HOW TO VOTE:

Extract the ballot from the CFV by deleting everything before and after
the "BEGINNING OF BALLOT" and "END OF BALLOT" lines. Don't worry about
the spacing of the columns or any quote characters (">") that your
reply inserts. Please, DO NOT send the entire CFV back to me!

Fill in the ballot as shown below. Please provide your real name
(or established Usenet handle) and indicate your desired vote in the
appropriate locations inside the ballot.

Examples of how to properly indicate your vote:

[ YES ] example.yes.vote
[ NO ] example.no.vote
[ ABSTAIN ] example.abstention
[ CANCEL ] example.cancellation

DO NOT modify, alter or delete any information in this ballot!
If you do, the voting software will probably reject your ballot.

When finished, MAIL the vote to <***@technopagan.org>
Just "replying" to this message should work, but check the "To:" line.
Votes mailed to any other email address, including that of the votetaker,
will NOT be counted.

If you do not receive an acknowledgment of your vote within three
days contact the votetaker about the problem. You are responsible
for reading your ack and making sure your vote is registered correctly.

If these instructions are unclear, please consult the Introduction to
Usenet Voting or the Usenet Voting FAQ at http://www.stanford.edu/~neilc/uvv.

======== BEGINNING OF BALLOT: Delete everything before this line =======
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Please provide your real name, or your vote may be rejected. Established
| Usenet handles are also acceptable. Place ONLY your name (ie. do NOT
| include your e-mail address or any other information; ONLY your name)
| after the colon on the following line:

Voter Name:

| Insert YES, NO, ABSTAIN, or CANCEL inside the brackets for each
| newsgroup listed below (do not delete the newsgroup name):

Your Vote Newsgroup
--------- -----------------------------------------------------------
[ ] rec.gambling.poker.moderated

======== END OF BALLOT: Delete everything after this line ==============

DISTRIBUTION:

This CFV will be posted to the following newsgroups:

news.announce.newgroups
news.groups
alt.vacation.las-vegas
rec.gambling.poker
rec.gambling.blackjack

Pointers to the CFV will be posted to the following newsgroups:

alt.gambling
alt.gambling.poker
alt.las-vegas.gambling
rec.gambling.misc
rec.gambling.other-games
rec.gambling.racing
rec.gambling.sports

Votes in error -- Please re-vote or contact the votetaker
***@earthlink.net Jonathan Fayard
! Ack bounced
***@sbcglobal.net Stephen Erickson
! No ballot
***@Math.Berkeley.EDU David desJardins
! Ack bounced
***@maui.net mauicop
! Ack bounced
***@nospamyahoo.com Gerald Mellinger
! Ack bounced
***@yahoo.com Daniel Scallet
! Conflicting votes
***@sbcglobal.net Spare Ace
! Ack bounced
***@pacbell.net greatbrit
! Ack bounced
Irish Mike
2004-05-08 13:58:40 UTC
">Neither link works.
Post by PrestoET
I don't want to read a bunch of crap, I just want to vote damn it!
Where the hell do I vote."
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.

Irish Mike
Date: 5/7/2004 12:25 AM Eastern Standard Time
LAST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
Post by PrestoET
======== BEGINNING OF BALLOT: Delete everything before this line =======
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2ND CALL FOR VOTES: rec.gambling.poker.moderated
| Official Usenet Voting Ballot [RGPM-42-2] (Do not remove this line!)
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Please provide your real name, or your vote may be rejected. Established
| Usenet handles are also acceptable. Place ONLY your name (ie. do NOT
| include your e-mail address or any other information; ONLY your name)
| Insert YES, NO, ABSTAIN, or CANCEL inside the brackets for each
Your Vote Newsgroup
--------- -----------------------------------------------------------
[ ] rec.gambling.poker.moderated
======== END OF BALLOT: Delete everything after this line ==============
news.announce.newgroups
news.groups
alt.vacation.las-vegas
rec.gambling.poker
rec.gambling.blackjack
alt.gambling
alt.gambling.poker
alt.las-vegas.gambling
rec.gambling.misc
rec.gambling.other-games
rec.gambling.racing
rec.gambling.sports
Votes in error -- Please re-vote or contact the votetaker
----
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
! No ballot
! Ack bounced
mauicop
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
! Ack bounced
! Conflicting votes
! Ack bounced
greatbrit
! Ack bounced
DennyLynch
2004-05-08 15:28:26 UTC
Post by Irish Mike
. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
Irish Mike
I didn't find it all that difficult to vote, but I think the procedure will
INCREASE its chances of passing, because the ones most eager for it and most
likely to stuff the ballot box won't be bothered by the hassle of voting.
AJohn808
2004-05-08 15:32:58 UTC
From: "Irish Mike"
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
yeah, right, its really complicated. they said its time to vote (CFV), here's
the ballot, fill it in and send it back.
James Monroe
2004-05-08 16:14:21 UTC
From: "Irish Mike"
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
yeah, right, its really complicated. they said its time to vote (CFV), here's
the ballot, fill it in and send it back.
Fill the ballot in THEN send it back?

Damn. I wish it wasn't so complicated.
Travel
2004-05-08 22:45:48 UTC
Group: rec.gambling.poker Date: Sat, May 8, 2004, 9:14am (EDT-3) From:
***@spamless.com (James=A0Monroe)

James Monroe wrote:
Fill the ballot in THEN send it back?
Damn. I wish it wasn't so complicated.

That's not the point. The point is, the format is stupid.

I copied and cut the ballot and then clicked the e-mail link and then
pasted the ballot in the e-mail and then filled in the vote ("no" of
course) and then deleted all text outside the ballot and then clicked
"send" on the e-mail.

The instructions not only sucked, but the whole procedure was
ridiculous.

Ridiculous, to the point that, after you did all that was required, it
was so stupid, that you weren't sure if you were doing the right thing.

When people say it was complicated, they don't mean that they are
inferior to the great intellect of the great Peg Smith or the brilliance
of the great James Monroe and couldn't figure it out. By complicated,
they mean, it was so verbose and stupid, they didn't think it was for
real.

It was like something The Professor Irwin Corey would make up.

-That's- the point, you fricken moron.
Mr. Pope <>
2004-05-09 02:54:17 UTC
Whatever happened to the good professor. I miss him.
Matt I.
2004-05-09 05:55:12 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Fill the ballot in THEN send it back?
Damn. I wish it wasn't so complicated.
That's not the point. The point is, the format is stupid.
I copied and cut the ballot and then clicked the e-mail link and then
pasted the ballot in the e-mail and then filled in the vote ("no" of
course) and then deleted all text outside the ballot and then clicked
"send" on the e-mail.
The instructions not only sucked, but the whole procedure was
ridiculous.
Ridiculous, to the point that, after you did all that was required, it
was so stupid, that you weren't sure if you were doing the right thing.
Here's the whole "ridiculous" process:

a) Copy and paste the CLEARLY MARKED sections of the ballot into an
email.
b) Fill in your name and vote in the CLEARLY MARKED spaces where they
go.
c) Send the email to the given address.

(you'll note you made it more complicated by copying the whole CFV and
then having to trim it, instead of just copying the ballot)

If you think this is complicated, I hate to hear what you think of
real life voting. I hear they make you fill out forms to register and
shit like that. Who can figure that stuff out? I mean, man, it's so
stupid.
Travel
2004-05-09 13:04:02 UTC
Group: rec.gambling.poker Date: Sun, May 9, 2004, 1:55am From:
***@comcast.net (Matt=A0I.)

RichM's boyfriend Matt I wrote:

"Here's the whole "ridiculous" process:
a) Copy and paste the CLEARLY MARKED sections of the ballot into an
email.

b) Fill in your name and vote in the CLEARLY MARKED spaces where they
go.

c) Send the email to the given address.
(you'll note you made it more complicated by copying the whole CFV and
then having to trim it, instead of just copying the ballot)

If you think this is complicated, I hate to hear what you think of real
life voting. I hear they make you fill out forms to register and shit
like that. Who can figure that stuff out? I mean, man, it's so stupid"

Are you related to Harkness?

Where did i say i copied the the whole CFV fool. In order to "copy" with
my browser, it's necessary to "find" a word.

The closest singular word was a few lines above the ballot. I only had
to delete a few lines, not the entire non ballot text.

Funny how no one will admit how absurd this voting "process" really is.

I love it when RGPM suck up morons like you argue with me. It's fun
making fools of you.

Go ahead, make my day. lol!
da pickle
2004-05-09 13:21:18 UTC

What "browser" are you using? You might want to consider something else.
Travel
2004-05-09 14:10:01 UTC
Group: rec.gambling.poker Date: Sun, May 9, 2004, 8:21am (EDT-1) From:
***@nospamhotmail.com (da=A0pickle)

"What "browser" are you using? You might want to consider something
else."

Why, WebTV is fine for the internet. I like WebTV.

Most functions can be done with a remote control and viewed on a big
screen. Good for viewing travel pics etc. Don't have to sit in front of
a PC. Hit a button and watch a game etc. No worry about computer virus
etc.

Answer to, next snide remark:
-Of course- i can use a PC. Eight year olds and you can you a PC. Enough
said...
UNBELIEVEABLE <>
2004-05-09 15:23:58 UTC
More gravitations slop from the head fag in charge. Up your ass fuck
face.
kala_for_me
2004-05-10 05:08:47 UTC
I thought you died yesterday? I know I read that...oh well, maybe
today will be your day. See ya', well probably not ever.
gicalif
2004-05-09 15:10:23 UTC
Post by Matt I.
Post by James Monroe
Fill the ballot in THEN send it back?
Damn. I wish it wasn't so complicated.
That's not the point. The point is, the format is stupid.
I copied and cut the ballot and then clicked the e-mail link and then
pasted the ballot in the e-mail and then filled in the vote ("no" of
course) and then deleted all text outside the ballot and then clicked
"send" on the e-mail.
The link dows not work for me either
stupid.
Sam Croy
2004-05-09 11:24:27 UTC
Post by James Monroe
[...]
Keeps the white trash out...

Sam Croy
[www.blueflintcat.us]
Irish Mike
2004-05-09 19:18:42 UTC
"It was like something The Professor Irwin Corey would make up."

That is a fair description of the RGPM voting process. I voted in favor of
RGM - I think.

Irish Mike
[www.blueflintcat.us]
lvdlrs
2004-05-08 18:43:09 UTC
From: "Irish Mike"
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
yeah, right, its really complicated. they said its time to vote (CFV), here's
the ballot, fill it in and send it back.
It is for those who don't trim posts. Heaven forbid one has to
do a little trimmin'.

Gary (...) Philips
jimpepper
2004-05-08 19:10:44 UTC
Post by Irish Mike
">Neither link works.
Post by PrestoET
I don't want to read a bunch of crap, I just want to vote damn it!
Where the hell do I vote."
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
Irish Mike
Are your serious? Can sending an e-mail be any easier?
jim
Date: 5/7/2004 12:25 AM Eastern Standard Time
LAST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
Post by PrestoET
======== BEGINNING OF BALLOT: Delete everything before this line =======
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2ND CALL FOR VOTES: rec.gambling.poker.moderated
| Official Usenet Voting Ballot [RGPM-42-2] (Do not remove this line!)
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Please provide your real name, or your vote may be rejected. Established
| Usenet handles are also acceptable. Place ONLY your name (ie. do NOT
| include your e-mail address or any other information; ONLY your name)
| Insert YES, NO, ABSTAIN, or CANCEL inside the brackets for each
Your Vote Newsgroup
--------- -----------------------------------------------------------
[ ] rec.gambling.poker.moderated
======== END OF BALLOT: Delete everything after this line ==============
news.announce.newgroups
news.groups
alt.vacation.las-vegas
rec.gambling.poker
rec.gambling.blackjack
alt.gambling
alt.gambling.poker
alt.las-vegas.gambling
rec.gambling.misc
rec.gambling.other-games
rec.gambling.racing
rec.gambling.sports
Votes in error -- Please re-vote or contact the votetaker
----
Fayard
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
Erickson
Post by PrestoET
! No ballot
desJardins
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
mauicop
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
Mellinger
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
Scallet
Post by PrestoET
! Conflicting votes
Ace
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
greatbrit
Post by PrestoET
! Ack bounced
Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Peg Smith
2004-05-08 19:23:47 UTC
Post by Irish Mike
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
1) Read the instructions for voting, which are:

2) Copy and paste the ballot into an email.

3) Copy and paste the email address to send it to.

4) Type your real name in the appropriate box.

5) Type your vote of "Yes" or "No" in the appropriate box.

6) Click "Send" button.

That's complicated? Ooooookay.

Peg
Sam Croy
2004-05-09 11:27:47 UTC
On Sat, 08 May 2004 14:23:47 -0500, Peg Smith
Post by Peg Smith
Post by Irish Mike
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
2) Copy and paste the ballot into an email.
3) Copy and paste the email address to send it to.
4) Type your real name in the appropriate box.
5) Type your vote of "Yes" or "No" in the appropriate box.
6) Click "Send" button.
That's complicated? Ooooookay.
Peg
I think the process is to filter out the computer ignorant AOLer's
from the vote... oh you are a Computer ignorant AOLer aren't you...
never mind...

Sam Croy
[www.blueflintcat.us]
Peg Smith
2004-05-09 12:29:38 UTC
On Sun, 09 May 2004 07:27:47 -0400, Sam Croy
Post by Sam Croy
Post by Peg Smith
That's complicated? Ooooookay.
Peg
I think the process is to filter out the computer ignorant AOLer's
from the vote... oh you are a Computer ignorant AOLer aren't you...
never mind...
If I want any lip off of you, my darling, I'll rip it off.

Peg
gicalif
2004-05-09 15:07:38 UTC
Post by Peg Smith
Post by Irish Mike
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how RGP-M
has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to vote.
2) Copy and paste the ballot into an email.
3) Copy and paste the email address to send it to.
4) Type your real name in the appropriate box.
5) Type your vote of "Yes" or "No" in the appropriate box.
6) Click "Send" button.
Sorry, but I have no idea how to cop and paste something into an email
Peg
da pickle
2004-05-09 19:38:08 UTC
Post by gicalif
Sorry, but I have no idea how to cop and paste something into an email
It is not a difficult thing to learn. It would be easier, however, for
someone to "show" you rather than anyone try and explain it here. I will
give it a try if you don't have any friends that have a computer.
Chris Barnes
2004-05-10 20:41:58 UTC
Post by Irish Mike
I also found the voting process to be pretty lame. I don't see how
RGP-M has a chance of passing when they make it this difficult to
vote.
The proponents did not setup the voting process. Rather, this is the
voting process used for ALL usenet group creations...

--

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes

n***@atall.xatt.net
2004-05-08 03:55:06 UTC
Post by PrestoET
Neither link works.
I don't want to read a bunch of crap, I just want to vote damn it!
Where the hell do I vote.
Jeesh...
The link the previous poster gave you has been updated to
http://www.uvv.org/cgi-bin/getmsg/2789 probably because the 2nd Call
for Votes has been posted.

To vote, you'll need to read the message at the above address and
follow the instructions carefully. This involves copying text from
the message into an e-mail and then sending the e-mail with your vote
to the vote-taker.
Art Class
2004-05-08 18:51:40 UTC
Post by sherman
If so, how do I vote? I searched for RGPM call, RGPM vote, and call
for vote but I didn't see where the actual call was put out. I did see
a posting about the vote being during WSOP.
Thank you;
Sherman
Here is a link to the CFV:

http://www.xasa.com/grupos/en/news/article/12343/news.announce.newgroups

The voting form is near the bottom and looks like this:

..-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2ND CALL FOR VOTES: rec.gambling.poker.moderated
| Official Usenet Voting Ballot [RGPM-42-2] (Do not remove this line!)
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Please provide your real name, or your vote may be rejected. Established
| Usenet handles are also acceptable. Place ONLY your name (ie. do NOT
| include your e-mail address or any other information; ONLY your name)
| after the colon on the following line:

Voter Name:

| Insert YES, NO, ABSTAIN, or CANCEL inside the brackets for each
| newsgroup listed below (do not delete the newsgroup name):

Your Vote Newsgroup
[ ] rec.gambling.poker.moderated

======== END OF BALLOT: Delete everything after this line ==============

Thanks,