Thanksgiving Dinner Hyperinflation
BillB
2021-11-23 20:03:49 UTC
According to the Farm Bureau, the average per person cost of a Thanksgiving dinner for 10 has skyrocketed 14% this year to $5.33.

Do the math. That's an extra 65 cents per person. Or from another perspective, that's an extra 1.5 minutes work for the average hourly wage earner.

Everyone should invest in a stainless steel umbrella.
BillB
2021-11-23 21:02:44 UTC
I just had another idea. Hear me out. Considering that almost 70% of Americans are either overweight or obese, and the average calorie consumption of a US Thanksgiving dinner is about 3,000 calories, the hefties could more than compensate for the skyrocketing Thanksgiving hyperinflation by only gluttonizing 2,500 calories instead, while reducing their chances of sudden death by heart attack that day by a whopping 12%. Something to at least think about. We all have to make deep sacrifices in these trying times of runaway hyperinflation.
risky biz
2021-11-23 23:25:09 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by BillB
[...]
You just can't get over the fact that Paul was right and you were WRONG.

'US inflation surging to a level not seen for more than 30 years'
'Pressure on America’s central bank to raise interest rates has intensified after rising energy costs, supply shortages and increased consumption sent US inflation surging to a level not seen for more than 30 years.

Although the Federal Reserve has repeatedly insisted price pressures will prove β€œtransitory”, financial markets were taken aback by a πŸ‘‰6.2%πŸ‘ˆ increase in the cost of living in the world’s biggest economy over the past year.

A labor department report released on Wednesday showed prices rose by 0.9% in October alone – more than double the 0.4% jump in September – to push the annual rate of inflation to its highest level since December 1990, a time when global oil prices had risen sharply due to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.'
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/10/inflation-us-latest-high-30-years-economy-predictions

πŸ†— 'And yes, I did predict 5-7% inflation this year. If I go to the trouble of showing you the quote will you freely admit you are a complete fucking moron and an economic illiterate? Or will you try to weasel out again?'

πŸ†— 'I said 5-7%. You aren't man enough to admit the truth. You are a cowardly worm.'

πŸ†— 'You can "believe" any fucking thing you want. People who read my posts know what I said, I don't lie.'

πŸ†— 'I am the one who predicted short-term 5-7% inflation. I was spot on, like usual.'

πŸ‘‰'I predicted inflation would reach about 5%'
πŸ‘‰'5.4% annualized. I predicted'
πŸ‘‰'I predicted last year it would reach somewhere around 5%'
πŸ‘‰'I predicted short-term inflation around 5%','I"M the one who predicted the 5% inflation'
πŸ‘‰'5.4% annualized. Pretty damn close to what I predicted last year, wouldn't you say?'
πŸ‘‰'Powell also said the committee reiterates that the recent rise in inflation is transitory.'
πŸ‘‰'I'm the one who predicted 5% inflation.'
πŸ‘‰'Predicting the future is always a game, one I've been proven to be quite good at.'
πŸ‘‰'It's 5%, just like I told you it would be.'
πŸ‘‰'You might recall last year I predicted that inflation would probably top out at about 5%, and here we are.'
πŸ‘‰'Last year I predicted that inflation would probably climb to about 5%'
πŸ‘‰'I'll just bask in the glow of being right again, as always.'
πŸ‘‰'The inflation rate for fiscal 2021 will likely be about 3.5%'
BillB
2021-11-24 00:03:25 UTC
LOL @ alternate reality donkey
risky biz
2021-11-24 04:21:04 UTC
Post by risky biz
You just can't get over the fact that Paul was right and you were WRONG.
~ LOL @ alternate reality donkey

.3/10