who is your favourite poker player?
blaze666
2005-03-03 18:07:21 UTC
mine is gus hansen, because of the way he plays
2nd is daniel negranu.
i like howard lederer as well. it would be scary to have him stare at you
though.

* New Release: RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com
smellmuth
2005-03-03 18:13:29 UTC
Post by blaze666
mine is gus hansen, because of the way he plays
2nd is daniel negranu.
i like howard lederer as well. it would be scary to have him stare at you
though.
my favourite is bob jones. he is undefeated in the partypoker headsup SNGs. It
seems he cannot be beaten in these games.

Your Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
ecr72
2005-03-03 18:30:12 UTC
Post by smellmuth
Post by blaze666
mine is gus hansen, because of the way he plays
2nd is daniel negranu.
i like howard lederer as well. it would be scary to have him stare at you
though.
my favourite is bob jones. he is undefeated in the partypoker headsup SNGs. It
seems he cannot be beaten in these games.
What do you mean undefeated? I heard he hasn't won one yet.

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com
Ruchie
2005-03-03 18:17:36 UTC
me

I've seen every hand I've ever played.
every time I'm in a hand, be it cash game or tournament, I find myself
cheering for me to win.
DocHoliday
2005-03-03 18:35:25 UTC
Phil Hellmuth.

I know that is not a popular answer cause everybody says he's an asshole, but
you have to give him his respect. Plus I find myself blowing up at people making
bad plays and getting lucky like he does. Look for Phil at the final table this
year at the WSOP...
The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
smellmuth
2005-03-03 18:40:17 UTC
Post by DocHoliday
Phil Hellmuth.
I know that is not a popular answer cause everybody says he's an asshole, but
you have to give him his respect. Plus I find myself blowing up at people making
bad plays and getting lucky like he does. Look for Phil at the final table this
year at the WSOP...
he'll be the second guy from the right on the rail...
Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com
JG
2005-03-03 18:57:15 UTC
Plus I find myself blowing up at people making bad plays and
getting lucky
You must be a joy to play with. ;)

In any event, blowing up at people is primitive behavior. And it's bad
poker. Why motivate people to become better players? Why piss them off
and chase them from the table? Do you not realize that bad plays are
something that you should *cheer*, not curse? You may have lost that
particular hand, but bad plays and players are what make you profitable
over the long term. If you do not understand this concept, you should
not be sitting at a poker table.

Regards,
JG
ChrisBrown
2005-03-03 19:08:00 UTC
Look for Phil at the final table this year at the WSOP...
I didn't know Hellmuth knew how to deal.

w***@yahoo.com
2005-03-04 13:51:26 UTC
Post by DocHoliday
bad plays and getting lucky like he does. Look for Phil at the final
table this
Post by DocHoliday
year at the WSOP...
The only reason not to like Phil, since everyone who knows him says he
is an OK guy, is the people who imitate him and give the bad players a
hard time and the wannabe showoffs whose sole purpose in life is to
make big laydowns and then show their cards. Cherish the fish for they
feed the multitudes.

Will in New Haven

--

After a lifetime of studying the words of the Buddha, I have to
reluctantly conclude that the Four Noble Truths are not
Post by DocHoliday
Post by Ruchie
me
I've seen every hand I've ever played.
every time I'm in a hand, be it cash game or tournament, I find
myself
Post by DocHoliday
Post by Ruchie
cheering for me to win.
Backslider
2005-03-03 18:40:55 UTC
That's easy - Colin Quinn.

I mean.. is there anyone else in the world you'd rather have at your
table? I guess that makes him my favorite.

Backslider
lex
Will_gamble

Will_gamble
DravenStone
2005-03-03 19:07:58 UTC
If I must pick one, Phi Ivey. His intensity, is... well intense.
Howard is Howard and there is a lot to like there.
I dig the whole Paul Phillips, I'm so rich I just want to be a great
poker player thing, plus he's so articulate he's get bonus points.
Daniel Negreanu gets a nod in my book too, something about his style
that I really relate to.
And I agree with Will, Marcell would be fun to have at the table, save
for the fact that if I'm at a table he's playing I'm probably big time
in over my head...

Last but not least, perhaps even most importantly: Anyone NOT part of
"the crew"

-ds/ct
DravenStone
2005-03-03 19:22:07 UTC
"plus he's so articulate he's get bonus points."

plus he's so articulate he get's bonus points.
Oh the irony...
Of all the the lines to make a typo, it has to be one in which I credit
someone for being articulate.
DravenStone

DravenStone
2005-03-03 19:23:43 UTC
oh, I give up...
JG
2005-03-03 19:38:43 UTC
You're on a roll, man, don't stop now!
Moglie
2005-03-03 21:20:12 UTC
Has to be Phil Laak ( the Unabomber).  He's dating Jennifer Tilley.

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com
volcati
Bolivar
2005-03-04 13:46:02 UTC
You mean next to myself?

I have to confess a fondness for Doyle Brunson. It's an age thing--I'm
not that far from his age.

Right alongside, though, I'd put Negranu. I hope I can get to the point
I can be as cheerful win or loose as he seems to be. I
jarrett40
2005-03-05 00:28:51 UTC
Post by blaze666
mine is gus hansen, because of the way he plays
2nd is daniel negranu.
i like howard lederer as well. it would be scary to have him stare at you
though.
Why would anyone's favorite player be anyone but himself?

jarrett40
Ben
2005-03-05 00:43:01 UTC
I have to say Doyle Brunson, I hope when I am as old as him I am still
playing.
And at a winning level like him.

Ben

--
Read, Post, & Reply to RGP Posts at
http://www.LiveActionPoker.com

Watch Poker TV Shows Online at:
http://PokerUpdates.com
David Nicoson
2005-03-10 04:11:05 UTC
Post by blaze666
mine is gus hansen, because of the way he plays
2nd is daniel negranu.
i like howard lederer as well. it would be scary to have him stare at you
though.
Mine is RecklessRye. I think he's hoping for a good 6th street here.

Getting Hand History Information...

Hand #4711021-3873 at Cusco (No Limit Hold'em)