OT: New eyewitness supports Zimmerman's claim of self-defense
Wilhelm Kuhlmann
2012-03-24 21:31:05 UTC
Well, the plot thickens. The grand jury is going to have a hell of a
time sorting out eyewitness testimony and evaluating witness
credibility.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman
Updated: Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 5:47 PM EDT

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much
different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-
year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it
all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put
together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is
just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George
Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The
dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me:
'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not
want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up
Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of
Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating
up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he
was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information
released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back
to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the
back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle
took place before the shooting.

William Coleman (ramashiva)
popinjay999
2012-03-24 22:17:51 UTC
Well, the plot thickens.  The grand jury is going to have a hell of a
time sorting out eyewitness testimony and evaluating witness
credibility.
<snip>
There must be some mistake. Your article says that Trayvon was 17
years old, but every picture of him I have seen on the news has shown
more like a 13 year old boy. Besides that, every picture of Trayvon
showed that he was smiling, but the pictures of Zimmerman show an
angry face. Obviously Trayvon was a happy innocent child, while
Zimmerman was a mean mean frowning person. I know, because I watch
the news.
BillB
Justice for Trayvon!
fffurken
2012-03-24 22:24:48 UTC
Well, the plot thickens.  The grand jury is going to have a hell of a
time sorting out eyewitness testimony and evaluating witness
credibility.
<snip>
There must be some mistake.  Your article says that Trayvon was 17
years old, but every picture of him I have seen on the news has shown
more like a 13 year old boy.  Besides that, every picture of Trayvon
showed that he was smiling, but the pictures of Zimmerman show an
angry face.  Obviously Trayvon was a happy innocent child, while
Zimmerman was a mean mean frowning person.  I know, because I watch
the news.
His eyes looked *extremely* close together when I looked at a pic.

I'm not sayin nothin by that! I'm just saying he might be a retard.
Wilhelm Kuhlmann
2012-03-25 00:19:20 UTC
There must be some mistake.  Your article says that Trayvon was 17
years old, but every picture of him I have seen on the news has shown
more like a 13 year old boy.
I have been laughing at that also. If you compare the photos we know
are recent to the "baby face" photos, it's obvious the media is trying
to suggest that Martin was a "little boy", as Mary Cutcher, one of the
eyewitnesses, called Martin. LMFAO! Martin was 6' 3" and a high
school football player.

It also appears that Martin may not actually have been the innocent
angel the media is trying to portray --

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/al-sharpton-dismisses-self-defense-argument-in-shooting-of-teen/

We’re also learning more about Trayvon Martin. According to reporters
he had been suspended from school. The International Business Times
says Martin’s suspension was due to last for 10 days. But what exactly
was he suspended for in the first place? Sources sympathetic to Martin
say he was suspended for “excessive tardiness.” However, a quick
review of both the local policies for Martin’s school, the Dr. Michael
M. Krop Senior High School, and of the Miami-Dade school district’s
district-wide policies, raise some doubts. According to Miami-Dade
policy, in order to get a suspension of 10 days, Martin would have had
to either commit “repeated, serious or habitual” acts of the
following:

• Cheating/Misrepresentation
• Confrontation with a staff member
• Defiance of school personnel
• Distribution of items or materials that are inappropriate
for an educational setting*
• Failure to comply with previously prescribed corrective
strategies
• False accusation
• Fighting (minor)
• Harassment (non-sexual or isolated)
• Instigative behavior
• Leaving school grounds without permission
• Joining clubs or groups not approved by the School Board
• Libel
• Petty theft (under $300.00)
• Use of profane or provocative language directed at someone
• Prohibited sales on school grounds (other than
controlled substances)
• Possession and/or use of tobacco products
• Slander
• Vandalism (minor)

Or even occasional offenses from the following:
• Assault/Threat against a non-staff member
• Breaking and Entering/Burglary
• Bullying (repeated harassment)*
• Disruption on campus/Disorderly conduct
• Fighting (serious)
• Harassment (Civil Rights)**
• Hazing (misdemeanor)
• Possession or use of alcohol and/or controlled
substances
• Possession of simulated weapons
• Sexual harassment**
• Trespassing
• Vandalism (major)

Or of the following:
• Grand theft (over $300.00)
• Hate crime
• Hazing (felony)
• Motor vehicle theft
• Other major crimes/incidents
• Sale and/or distribution of alcohol and/or controlled substances
• Sex offenses (other) (including possession and/or
distribution of obscene or lewd materials)

Or possibly even of the following, each of which carries a minimum
suspension of ten days:

• Aggravated assault
• Aggravated battery against a non-staff member
• Armed robbery
• Arson
• Assault/Threat against M-DCPS employees or persons
conducting official business
• Battery or Aggravated battery against M-DCPS employees
or persons conducting official business*
• Homicide
• Kidnapping/Abduction
• Making a false report/threat against the school*
• Sexual battery
• Possession, use, sale, or distribution of firearms, explosives,
destructive devices, and other weapons.

But whatever the reason, it‘s a case that you’ll probably be hearing
more about in the future.

William Coleman (ramashiva)
brewmaster
2012-03-25 00:26:52 UTC
There must be some mistake.  Your article says that Trayvon was 17
years old, but every picture of him I have seen on the news has shown
more like a 13 year old boy.
I have been laughing at that also.  If you compare the photos we know
are recent to the "baby face" photos, it's obvious the media is trying
to suggest that Martin was a "little boy", as Mary Cutcher, one of the
eyewitnesses, called Martin.  LMFAO!  Martin was 6' 3" and a high
school football player.
This reminds me of the Oklahoma City (is that right?) store owner who
shot the thug trying to rob him (I'm think Ersland?). BillB insists
this store owner shot "a child", when i fact the robber (who was 15)
was over 6', was wearing a ski mask, and pointing a gun. That isn't
"a child". It will be interesting to see how the Treyvan Martin thing
plays out, especially since the prez has said weighed in on the side
of frying Zimmerman.
William Coleman  (ramashiva)
Will in New Haven
2012-03-25 00:28:30 UTC
Well, the plot thickens.  The grand jury is going to have a hell of a
time sorting out eyewitness testimony and evaluating witness
credibility.
<snip>
There must be some mistake.  Your article says that Trayvon was 17
years old, but every picture of him I have seen on the news has shown
more like a 13 year old boy.  Besides that, every picture of Trayvon
showed that he was smiling, but the pictures of Zimmerman show an
angry face.  Obviously Trayvon was a happy innocent child, while
Zimmerman was a mean mean frowning person.  I know, because I watch
the news.
It is very important for the public to know that Trayvon was a child,
even if he was not a child.

Will in New Haven
Bradley K. Sherman
2012-03-24 22:47:36 UTC
Post by Wilhelm Kuhlmann
Well, the plot thickens. The grand jury is going to have a hell of a
time sorting out eyewitness testimony and evaluating witness
credibility.
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012
ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much
An anonymous witness shows up a month after the fact?
Who did he talk to, and when? Is his name in the
police report? Something very fishy about this story.
A story without a byline, by the way.

--bks
Wilhelm Kuhlmann
2012-03-24 22:59:41 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
An anonymous witness shows up a month after the fact?
Who did he talk to, and when?  Is his name in the
police report?  Something very fishy about this story.
A story without a byline, by the way.
He didn't show up a month after the fact. As for your other
questions, those will all be answered in due time.

Your comment that the story is fishy is gratuitous. Why isn't
Martin's girlfriend's story about the phone call "fishy"?

William Coleman (ramashiva)
fffurken
2012-03-24 23:09:54 UTC
Faggot!
fffurken
2012-03-24 23:04:55 UTC
Asshole.
Bradley K. Sherman
2012-03-24 23:57:28 UTC
Post by Wilhelm Kuhlmann
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
An anonymous witness shows up a month after the fact?
Who did he talk to, and when?  Is his name in the
police report?  Something very fishy about this story.
A story without a byline, by the way.
He didn't show up a month after the fact. As for your other
questions, those will all be answered in due time.
Your comment that the story is fishy is gratuitous. Why isn't
Martin's girlfriend's story about the phone call "fishy"?
The reported contents are fishy. The *cell phone records*
however, show a call five-minutes before the cops got there.

--bks
Adam Russell
2012-03-25 00:27:03 UTC
Post by Wilhelm Kuhlmann
[...]
You arent allowed to use deadly force unless your life is in danger.

1. He was in a fistfight with a minor - untrained in hand to hand combat.
2. He only had a bloody nose and a cut to the back of his head.
3. His injuries were so minor he didnt feel the need to go to the hospital.

His life was never in any danger therefore he had no call to use deadly
force - no matter who started it.
mo_ntresor
2012-03-25 01:33:13 UTC
Post by Adam Russell
Post by Wilhelm Kuhlmann
[...]
yeah, this is front page news because a guy shot someone in a fistfight.
you people are absolute suckers.

mo_ntresor

~M~
2012-03-25 02:23:48 UTC
Post by Adam Russell
You arent allowed to use deadly force unless your life is in danger.
1. He was in a fistfight with a minor - untrained in hand to hand combat.
2. He only had a bloody nose and a cut to the back of his head.
3. His injuries were so minor he didnt feel the need to go to the hospital.
His life was never in any danger therefore he had no call to use deadly
force - no matter who started it.
Shooting someone before they potentially beat you to death tends to cut down
on your own injuries.
--
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any
other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Will in New Haven
2012-03-25 00:27:44 UTC
[...]
If he is innocent, he would be a LOT better off right now if the
police had taken the whole thing seriously to begin with. Now we have
the whole world shouting for justice, when more than half of them
would be deLIGHTed to form a lynch mob.

Being arrested and tried, if it comes to a trial, are not pleasant but
what has happened makes for a very bad situation.

Will in New Haven
Adam Russell
2012-03-25 00:33:08 UTC
Post by Will in New Haven
Post by Wilhelm Kuhlmann
[...]
As well, he would have been better off if he had gone to the hospital
and had a doctor at least tell him "no you dont have a concussion you
can go home". With him not even getting checked out it looks like he
wasnt hurt at all.
Bradley K. Sherman
2012-03-25 00:35:37 UTC
Post by Will in New Haven
If he is innocent, he would be a LOT better off right now if the
police had taken the whole thing seriously to begin with. Now we have
the whole world shouting for justice, when more than half of them
would be deLIGHTed to form a lynch mob.
Under Florida law *Martin* had every tright to resist Zimmerman with
deadly force. Here's the law:

| (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity
| and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has
| a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to
| stand his or her ground and meet force with force,
| including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it
| is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm
| to himself or herself or another or to prevent the
| commission of a forcible felony.

<http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html>

Martin, if carrying a legal gun, would have had every right to shoot
Zimmerman down in his tracks.

Note that it's only necessary that Martin *reasonably believe*
that he was under threat of great bodily harm. And considering
that Zimmerman got out of his truck, was armed and was trying to
apprehend him --and at the end of the day killed him--, this seems
a very reasonable belief indeed!

The cops completely blew this case at the crime scene. They won't
be able to convict Zimmerman of murder, but that doesn't mean it
wasn't murder.

--bks
Adam Russell
2012-03-25 00:44:42 UTC
Post by Bradley K. Sherman
Post by Will in New Haven
If he is innocent, he would be a LOT better off right now if the
police had taken the whole thing seriously to begin with. Now we have
the whole world shouting for justice, when more than half of them
would be deLIGHTed to form a lynch mob.
Under Florida law *Martin* had every tright to resist Zimmerman with

| (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity
| and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has
| a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to
| stand his or her ground and meet force with force,
| including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it
| is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm
| to himself or herself or another or to prevent the
| commission of a forcible felony.

<http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html>
Martin, if carrying a legal gun, would have had every right to shoot
Zimmerman down in his tracks.
Note that it's only necessary that Martin *reasonably believe*
that he was under threat of great bodily harm. And considering
that Zimmerman got out of his truck, was armed and was trying to
apprehend him --and at the end of the day killed him--, this seems
a very reasonable belief indeed!
The cops completely blew this case at the crime scene. They won't
be able to convict Zimmerman of murder, but that doesn't mean it
wasn't murder.
What is amazing to me is that the city of Sanford references this law on
their website in their explanation of why Zimmerman was justified, when
it clearly shows he wasnt. Do they think people cant just google the
law to read it themselves? Florida Statutes 776.012
mo_ntresor
2012-03-25 01:35:14 UTC
Post by Wilhelm Kuhlmann
[...]
the plot didn't thicken. only pitifully weak idiots believed this kid was
shot for absolutely no reason other than he was black and walking around.

mo_ntresor

-----