the absurdity of James Bond
RichD
2021-11-24 01:15:39 UTC
In every Bond movie, he walks into a trap, and the villain
gloats, "Welcome, Mr. Bond, I've been waiting for you!"

Now, what kind of spy is that, who's famous? Would you hire him?

I mean, isn't "world's most famous spy" a self-contradiction?
Like the world's tallest midget?

Rich
Bill Vanek
Bond movies are parodies of spy movies.
risky biz

It would be pretty boring to see the movie from the point of view of an all-powerful villain. Unless you're a Walter Mitty-style last-placer like Blabbermouth, who aspires to that.
BillB
Oh look, riskytard has a new fantasy about me!! #466 LOL Just dripping with jealousy.
risky biz

.6/10
BillB
2021-11-24 21:04:49 UTC
Post by RichD
gloats, "Welcome, Mr. Bond, I've been waiting for you!"
Now, what kind of spy is that, who's famous? Would you hire him?
I mean, isn't "world's most famous spy" a self-contradiction?
Like the world's tallest midget?
--
Rich
It would be pretty boring to see the movie from the point of view of an all-powerful villain. Unless you're a Walter Mitty-style last-placer like Blabbermouth, who aspires to that.
Oh look, riskytard has a new fantasy about me!! #466 LOL Just dripping with jealousy.
"Jealousy?" You claim you were a spy, too?
LOL. I was a spy (Navel Intelligence ). You were a law clerk..
Navel Intelligence, eh?
C Mayhem
2021-11-24 22:36:08 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by RichD
gloats, "Welcome, Mr. Bond, I've been waiting for you!"
Now, what kind of spy is that, who's famous? Would you hire him?
I mean, isn't "world's most famous spy" a self-contradiction?
Like the world's tallest midget?
--
Rich
It would be pretty boring to see the movie from the point of view of an all-powerful villain. Unless you're a Walter Mitty-style last-placer like Blabbermouth, who aspires to that.
Oh look, riskytard has a new fantasy about me!! #466 LOL Just dripping with jealousy.
"Jealousy?" You claim you were a spy, too?
LOL. I was a spy (Navel Intelligence ). You were a law clerk..
Navel Intelligence, eh?
He usually went with his gut.

VegasJerry
2021-11-24 23:59:37 UTC
Post by BillB
Post by RichD
gloats, "Welcome, Mr. Bond, I've been waiting for you!"
Now, what kind of spy is that, who's famous? Would you hire him?
I mean, isn't "world's most famous spy" a self-contradiction?
Like the world's tallest midget?
--
Rich
It would be pretty boring to see the movie from the point of view of an all-powerful villain. Unless you're a Walter Mitty-style last-placer like Blabbermouth, who aspires to that.
Oh look, riskytard has a new fantasy about me!! #466 LOL Just dripping with jealousy.
"Jealousy?" You claim you were a spy, too?
LOL. I was a spy (Navel Intelligence ). You were a law clerk..
Navel Intelligence, eh?
Yea, your close up of my navel you looking at when you blow me. (That was easy)

Otherwise, CTR Naval Intelligence, (same as the guys on USS Pueblo - only I wasn't on it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Pueblo_(AGER-2)
VegasJerry
Putin was a spy, and we all know it. Most of our CIA directors were spies. I was a spy. Some just worked in offices some work part time undercover. Being a spy doesn't mean you have to be secret about it.
Satoshi Popinjay
2021-11-25 00:49:33 UTC
I think you're a plant on RGP. Nobody is really as stupid as you seem to be, it's all part of your act. All part of your espionage act to subvert this newsgroup. Who are you reporting to? Take me to your leader.
VegasJerry
2021-11-25 01:14:05 UTC
Post by Satoshi Popinjay
Post by VegasJerry
Putin was a spy, and we all know it. Most of our CIA directors were spies. I was a spy.
Some just worked in offices some work part time undercover. Being a spy doesn't mean
you have to be secret about it.
.
Post by Satoshi Popinjay
I think you're a plant on RGP.
I’m a potted plant. (A Naval Orange).

Nobody is really as stupid as you seem to be, it's all part of your act.

Act won
Post by Satoshi Popinjay
All part of your espionage act to subvert this newsgroup.
WINNING!
Post by Satoshi Popinjay
Who are you reporting to?
The hospital.
Post by Satoshi Popinjay
Take me to your leader.
I spend yesterday in the ER. What a bunch of assholes. They don’t listen. I told them where it hurt and they immediately said, “It must be your heart.” They fuck around for 5-hours, then say, “Your heart is in great shape. You can go home.”

And I say, “But it’s my left shoulder, back and chest that still hurt.”

“Well, we’ll keep you over night and run some more tests on your heart.”

An hour later the ER DR (they didn’t have a room because ‘today is operation day’) comes around. I ask, “When they going to do more tests?”

“When the Cardiologists wanders through the ER. Maybe tomorrow.”

I finally got pissed, got dressed, and left. Then OD on pain drugs and been sick ever since.

So now I’m a potted plant and can’t drink any wine…